Who will be the two forward callups?

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
From Sadowski:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick...adiens-Cliche-Mitchell-join-injured/188/64415

I've heard Mike Sgarbossa and Colin Smith will be summoned, but nothing official yet. Sgarbossa, 22, has three goals and nine assists in 18 games. Smith, 21, has four goals and eight assists in 18 games. They'd be flying in from Toronto, where the Monsters were playing the Marlies this weekend.

"It's very important for us that when we call up someone from the minors that it supports Dean," Roy said. "As a coach you want to send the right message and you want to call up the guys that deserve to come up. For us, being here and not seeing these guys it is important to ask the coach down there. I think that's going to help his cause as well."

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Smith and Sgarbossa would be nice. At least there's some offensive talent and potential there.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Please please call up Colin Smith. That would be a great story! But in terms of fit, Mitchell Heard would be a great 4th liner.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I actually like the idea of rotating call ups. Much better than always seeing the same guys (Malone and VDG)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wouldn't mind rotating who gets called up. Reward the guys in the AHL that have played well and they'll work hard to get back up.

Roy soured on Carey after him being soft on clears last game, so he's probably not going to be someone Roy wants up here this soon again.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy: "I talked to Dean after we sent back Stollery and Carey. I told him how proud I am of his work because when you're calling up these guys, the way they've been playing, the way Pickard has been playing, the fact that we were talking a lot to each other and we use the same system ... the guys can come here and fit in without having a practice. That helps a lot."'

Doesn't sound Chynoweth is going anywhere in the short term.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I like the idea of Sgarbossa & Rendulic, but Redulic might be injured right?

No, Rendulic was just visiting the doghouse. I did say they've been cagey about minor injuries this season but that wasn't it.

I like the idea of rotating callups too. If they won't be here long may as well use it more as a reward. I'm so happy for Smith. Dude works his ass off. Yesterday the Monsters had to kill 1:46 of a 5 on 3, the guys that were out first were Stollery, Gervais and Smith. Killed it too.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Sgarbossa was considered for a call up last week if another center was needed, looks like this is a big chance for him to prove himself. If he can play a good two-way game the 3C spot could be his for a while.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sgarbossa was considered for a call up last week if another center was needed, looks like this is a big chance for him to prove himself. If he can play a good two-way game the 3C spot could be his for a while.

Especially because both Mitchell and Cliche might miss a week or more of games. Whoever gets called up is going to have a very good opportunity to show what they can do.

I'm not too happy about the fact that all of our center options are small forwards, but it's not like Sgarbossa is soft either.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I voted for Agozzino and Carey, because that's what I think Roy will do.

Personally, I would rather one of the choices is Hishon or Sgarbossa though.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Is Sgarbossa playing well defensively in Erie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad