Who will be the two forward callups?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Hishon should be next but it doesn't look like it's happening. He was pretty good in the playoffs and is heating up in the AHL. Now or never really.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know if any rookies will be given consideration this season but I guess if Injuries keep piling up they might. That might be the biggest thing that would hold Bourke back but he's playing fantastic. It wouldn't be merit that keeps him off the list. Hishon had a good weekend so a few more of those and he'll be in consideration too.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I want to see Hishon and Rendulic based on pre-season, but I don't think that will happen.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I'm pretty interested in seeing Smith play at this level. He's got a lot of skill, but he's small enough that you don't have to be a size queen to wonder about his ability to hang at the NHL level.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Smith, Bourke and Hishon all are undersized, but they don't play intimidated and they seem to have above average awareness. I'd be happy if one of them turns out to be a NHL regular in the future. That seems like a realistic outcome.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Smith, Bourke and Hishon all are undersized, but they don't play intimidated and they seem to have above average awareness. I'd be happy if one of them turns out to be a NHL regular in the future. That seems like a realistic outcome.

Yeah, had a long debate about it in the summer with someone on here, but I could see any of Smith, Bourke, Hish or Sgar becoming legit middle 6ers in time. Though if even one of them becomes even a quality bottom 6er I'll be happy.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Looking forward to seeing Sgarbossa play and getting a sense of the type of player he is.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Have to say I wasn't terribly impressed with Sgarbossa, but it's hard to get a feel for a player in only 10 minutes of ice time. Same with Colin Smith. I'm pretty sure he all but disappeared after that unfortunate turnover. Some of that is on Guenin IMO who shouldn't have passed to him with a bunch of Montreal players just sitting there high in the zone waiting to pounce. Guenin had time to make a smarter play, Smith didn't. Kid's got some amazing wheels though.

I do think Roy is making a mistake in putting Briere in a 3rd line role. Tanguay did just fine in elevating a couple grinders, Briere should be somewhere in the top six. Briere's just no good (and yes I know he scored a goal last night) in the bottom six.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I thought Sgarbossa showed good things offensively. Unfortunately, Talbot just decided he wanted to hold onto the puck all day yesterday, so he didn't have the puck too much. He showed real nice speed on his rush in the first, which might have been his first shift.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You don't touch the top 6 right now though, the lines finally make sense and Tangs shouldn't go to the third line.

Tangs did just fine on a "third" line earlier this season. Better to have three working lines than two working lines and two lines Roy simply doesn't trust. And McLeod-Briere-Talbot, which finally emerged later in the game, doesn't make much sense as a line either.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
@DrewSpevak: Only four skaters on the ice and they are Bordeleau, Vincour, Sgarbossa and Holden

I wonder if Smith is getting replaced. And Holden. Lol

Yes Tangs was great there earlier but what's working now shouldn't be forsaken to give Briere a little more to work with.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Both Smith and Sgarbossa need to bulk up a ton. I mean they were just getting bullied out there. Sgarbossa has a ton of skill, but not ready at this point against NHL sized dmen. I would love to see Elliott get called up and Holden scratched.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Both Smith and Sgarbossa need to bulk up a ton. I mean they were just getting bullied out there. Sgarbossa has a ton of skill, but not ready at this point against NHL sized dmen. I would love to see Elliott get called up and Holden scratched.

I thought Sgarbossa looked pretty strong in his defense battles. Both physically and in how effective he was. Better than Duchene actually for that matter, though we only saw a few shifts where he was really tested.

His defensive awareness and strength along the wall was actually the first thing that jumped out to me, because it was markedly improved from his last stint in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad