Who will be the next Chara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Well guys who do you think will be the next Zdeno Chara? Do you think maybe their will be multiple players that follow his game?

I really hope Tryamkin can play a similar role when he comes to Vancouver. 6'7 and 230lbs. Otherwise if he is a bottom pairing guy I just see him as a McQuaid type of player.

Who else do you see out there? Buffalo still have faith in Myers breaking out since his rookie year?

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Well if your going height then sam morin is in contention...these players are so far out though it's hard to really make an argument besides height and nasty demeanor. Chara didn't really become the dominent player we all know till later in his career.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Isn't Hamilton " 6'6 " ?

They have Hamilton listed at 6'5...still a big boy. Nothing to do with Hamilton but Chara is just on another level of dominant number one defenseman with ridiculous size. There is nothing I hate more then seeing a big defender that isn't physical and nasty...always comes off as a waist of potential. Tyler Myers is a good example...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I doubt tryamkin ever makes the NHL.

I think pedan is better.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Me?

What are you talking about.

Ugh this is the 2nd time but different topic someone hasn't read the quote to whom I am replying and I am quoting Peen.

Also so everyone knows I am referring to Benning. I am referring to the summer summit when he said to a fan that the fanbase is too passionate to let failure happen for McDavid and he was rambling on and saying he comes from a scouting background and he can draft well.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Out of all the huge defense prospects with freakish reaches, I think Morin comes the closest to being Chara.

Though none of them will be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad