Who will be the Flyers' opening night starting goalie?

laforest

Jan 21, 2013
Philly
Just a simple question I've been thinking about. When the Flyers open The 13-14 Season at home against Toronto, Who gets the Start? Emery or Mason?

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I added a poll to the thread. Choose one of the two options mentioned in the OP. The poll will close at the end of this month.

Michael Smitley

Casual Fan
Aug 25, 2012
Sylvania, OH
I've watched a lot of Steve Mason's goaltending during his years in the NHL. You Flyers fans will want Emery to emerge as the clear starter, trust me. You could drive a Mack truck through his five hole. :)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I've watched a lot of Steve Mason's goaltending during his years in the NHL. You Flyers fans will want Emery to emerge as the clear starter, trust me.

If he plays anywhere near the level he did at the end of last year then I want Mason, he did everything we've ever wanted from a goalie. Made the saves he was supposed to make.

Michael Smitley

Casual Fan
Aug 25, 2012
Sylvania, OH
If he plays anywhere near the level he did at the end of last year then I want Mason, he did everything we've ever wanted from a goalie. Made the saves he was supposed to make.

I imagine you feel much like I did after the season he won the Calder trophy. For your sake, I hope he can keep the same form...a hope we CBJ fans held onto for years after his play dropped off. He was never the same as before.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Just need competence, not lights out play. Our last goalie that showed any sort of competence was Emery in 2010. Well besides Bob but I tried to purge him from my memory

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've watched a lot of Steve Mason's goaltending during his years in the NHL. You Flyers fans will want Emery to emerge as the clear starter, trust me. You could drive a Mack truck through his five hole. :)

Do you remember who our goalie was the past 2 years? No one had a worse 5-hole than that guy. Anything is an upgrade.

SgtJoseph*

If Emery plays lites out like he did last season at Chicago I see no way they will keep him off the ice, he was outstanding ! Having said that, I like our goalie situation going into the season no matter who starts.....both of these guys have tremendous upside, just need to get in a groove and get the confidence flowing.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully Mase comes to camp motivated and ready to turn his career around because Im tired of not having a dependable goalie and Im even more tired of hearing about Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad