Speculation: Who will be the Flyers next starting goalie?

SchennSational1022*

Emery for a few years, then Mason. That is what I hope for at least.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I voted Mason but I don't think he'll succeed. I think the Flyers will continue to get crap to mediocre goaltending until they something unforeseen happens or a draft pick pans out (fingers crossed for Stolarz to be that guy).

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I think Mason is the starter - question is - who is the backup? I'm thinking Emery or Halak. I think we find that out tomorrow. Holmgren must have had something in mind or else why would he have waited to buy him out when he cut Briere a few days ago? Logic doesn't always apply with the Flyers though so who the hell knows...

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i can see NO reason why the club wont at least give Mason the chance before replacing him as number1..

obviously they need to bring in someone else as u cant run with 1 goalie, but i dont see a legit #1 being signed and given the reigns right away..

Wiqkid*

Gonna be average at best no matter who it is. Mines well go cheap. Get a great goalie when we get a good defense.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Don't know but I hope whatever Homer does is a smart move that maintains some semblance of flexibility.

Emery for 1-2 years max.
Luongo if he is bought out, 3 years max.

Trade options Halak and Hiller, would need to be VERY cheap acquisitions with their health concerns.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Don't know but I hope whatever Homer does is a smart move that maintains some semblance of flexibility.

Emery for 1-2 years max.
Luongo if he is bought out, 3 years max.

Trade options Halak and Hiller, would need to be VERY cheap acquisitions with their health concerns.

That would be nice, but in the real world I think your negotiations have to start at 3 years minimum.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
That would be nice, but in the real world I think your negotiations have to start at 3 years minimum.

Perhaps, but I would pass then.

To me, success under the cap is most reliant on these factors:

1) Success from the draft
2) Maintaining cap flexibility
3) Well planned out roster with properly staggered contracts

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Mason seems like the logical choice given his play but I don't trust his mental fortitude. I said Emery but only if Luongo is not bought out. Luongo seems like he's big on the Flyers radar. Should be an interesting week especially with the draft...

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I picked Mason. I believe if Luongo is bought out and Flyers pick him up that he and Mason will share the goalie duties. Whoever has the better GOA or SV % will be named starter for playoffs. Both goalies understanding this from the start of season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad