Who will be the 2018-19 Golden Knights?

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I'm comparing the 2017-18 Golden Knights and the 2018-19 Habs. Both are/were expected to finish in the basement. I haven't read a single magazine that was not ranking Vegas in the bottom 5 last summer.
My bad, Habs ARE expected to be basement this season but you should make up your own mind instead of basing it on Mags. I mean, did you actually think Vegas would finish basement? I sure didn't.
Yeah, lots of them had better results with Vegas than with their old teams but they were better used (better roles/ice time).

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
My bad, Habs ARE expected to be basement this season but you should make up your own mind instead of basing it on Mags. I mean, did you actually think Vegas would finish basement? I sure didn't.
Yeah, lots of them had better results with Vegas than with their old teams but they were better used (better roles/ice time).

You mean you were among the rare individuals in the hockey world who saw Vegas success coming??? Do you have any post from last summer here that could attest that?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Montreal has proven to be terrible, Vegas was an expansion team. not really the same. A lot of your comparisons are huge reaches as well

Not really the same except for both were expected to be shit and as well know last year something unforeseen happened!

In all honesty....I want to see them both suck this year ;)

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You mean you were among the rare individuals in the hockey world who saw Vegas success coming??? Do you have any post from last summer here that could attest that?

He joined Oct 23 of last year....when the Knights were already 6-1-0 ;)

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
No and i didn't say Vegas would be successful in this thread either, i explained why they were though.

If i had posted before Vegas began it would have been ''just not sucking, like in the basement, you know?''

I don't need to prove this as i don't post all the time, 'nough said.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Let's break down numbers from last season to put things in perspective.

Vegas had 51 wins, 109 points, and was a +44 in GF/GA differential.

Montreal had 29 wins, 71 points, and was a -55 in GF/GA differential.

Good luck with that. I guess you can't blame the Habs fan for trying to have some hope in what is likely to be another dismal and depressing season for his team. Keep your chin up, little guy.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Feel like you could do this with a lot of basement teams

That's exactly why I made this thread. Can it be done with other basement teams? Can we find as many similarities? I don't believe so, but I hope I can be proven wrong.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
No and i didn't say Vegas would be successful in this thread either, i explained why they were though.

If i had posted before Vegas began it would have been ''just not sucking, like in the basement, you know?''

I don't need to prove this as i don't post all the time, 'nough said.

Well it's always easy to explain a team's success with hindsight. If the Habs have unexpected success this year, you can probably do the same with them.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's break down numbers from last season to put things in perspective.

Vegas had 51 wins, 109 points, and was a +44 in GF/GA differential.

Montreal had 29 wins, 71 points, and was a -55 in GF/GA differential.

Good luck with that. I guess you can't blame the Habs fan for trying to have some hope in what is likely to be another dismal and depressing season for his team. Keep your chin up, little guy.

How to miss the point 101.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I just don't see the similarities at all. Vegas was a team that had just come together for the first time, had the biggest chip on their shoulder that you could ever possibly have, and the best coach in hockey.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I just don't see the similarities at all. Vegas was a team that had just come together for the first time, had the biggest chip on their shoulder that you could ever possibly have, and the best coach in hockey.

Similarities are mostly roster related to me. You are right saying both teams don't have the same background.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
giphy.gif
If this thread got to you I suggest cleansing your palette with a mayon-egg

Reactions: JHockey123

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Probably nobody. It's not all that often that a team expected to be terrible ends up having an incredible season.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't know, which city will suffer an unrepeatable catastrophic event that will make the team extremely tight-knit and cause it to overperform, while at the same time having few expectations, while being a very close group due to said expectations?

The answer is none.
There are no other Vegas Golden Knights, just enjoy the variance afforded by the game and move on.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Lmao. I see Montreal fans have reached this stage of denial, depserately trying to convince themselves their team is a Cup contender.

I love how you compared Vegas' top 2 centers to WINGERS on the Canadiens (yes, Drouin should be at wing). There's your hint right there... you might want to actually acquire a top 6 center before you can expect your team to get out of the basement.

Yeah, that’s exactly what us Habs fans are thinking.. It’s as delusional as the Leafs thinking they can outscore everyone without a defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad