Who Will Be Our Biggest Positive Surprise As A Player?

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
can i also vote for the entire team?

it just seems like a great bunch of character guys. lots of leader types, guys that sacrifice and work hard.

i don't expect a quantum leap in the standings, but i do feel that we will at least come away with the concensus that our boys are a hard working team. i like the way the team is evolving.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would Brock Nelson getting 60-70 points qualify? Because if he plays LW with JT and KO, that's not impossible.

It would not surprise me.

It would likely surprise non-isle fans. I have seen several trade proposals, with the isles over paying for a 1st line LW, while posters disregard how solidly Nelson played as a rookie.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Halakness monster. People are going to discover how actually skilled he is while playing behind a rookie defense staying healthy and getting tons of minutes. He will assert himself as an unquestionable top 10 goalie just out of the top 5 range.

My choice too. When you have been an islander fan since the beginning, you get a sense for when the other team is going to score.( most of you know what I mean) I tell my wife watch,the Flyers are going to score and they score. Sometimes I leave the room before the goal so I don't have to watch. I look forward to our Butchie and Howie getting all crazy on screen when the great saves are made."that would have been a goal last year" . I hope he is better than we expect.
Turn out the lights and Halak the door good!

And this is the only player out of all the posts that really must play great for us.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
My choice too. When you have been an islander fan since the beginning, you get a sense for when the other team is going to score.( most of you know what I mean) I tell my wife watch,the Flyers are going to score and they score. Sometimes I leave the room before the goal so I don't have to watch. I look forward to our Butchie and Howie getting all crazy on screen when the great saves are made."that would have been a goal last year" . I hope he is better than we expect.
Turn out the lights and Halak the door good!

And this is the only player out of all the posts that really must play great for us.

Hell yeah! DROP THE PUCK!

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Give Grabner PP Time and he tied @ Nr.1 in Goals (Islanders) in the Season.30+ is possible, see the Olympic tournament ;)

Strome +50 Points and Tavares 90+ Point Season, all of that is POSSIBLE not sure thats coming...:D

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Franz will have his best offensive year and go third or second in scoring for us and will surprise no one as half of the board will still wanna trade him because he might get old one day.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
@Grabs40 will have a monster year in his next to walk season.
Scores 30+ goals as he gets his head together with the help of o sports psychologist who gets him to relax and shoot on his break-aways.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Biggest surprise?

Don't think we should be surprised if any or each of Strome, Nelson and Lee get to the 30 point mark. If any are near 50, that'd be delightful.

My gut feeling is that Kulemin may surprise us the most. I think he'll really enjoy being back together with Grabovski AND get back to scoring when Capuano lets him know that they want that more from him than was the case in Toronto in recent years.

Otherwise, any ice time on the top two lines may see Conacher be the surprise of the season. Even in spot duty of sorts, I don't see why he can't be one of these 10-25-35 utility parts.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
By the end of the year I think we will look at Franz as the 2nd most valuable forward for this team in regards to winning games (not points only) with him playing the 3rd line center role.

And Kule will be a fan favorite by game 8.

Drcrush

Jun 13, 2012
Grabovski will play his best season so far in the NHL. Old buddy Kulemin for chemistry and Strome for talent makes a perfect line for him

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
By the end of the year I think we will look at Franz as the 2nd most valuable forward for this team in regards to winning games (not points only) with him playing the 3rd line center role.

And Kule will be a fan favorite by game 8.
I look at him that way now. The guy is a complete player like Bergeron is for the Bruins. He can play up or down in the lineup and in all situations. Anyone who wants to trade him is out of their minds.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
He's a mad young man for being slighted by Hockey Canada, he'll tear something up!

I doubt he will get a 9 game look as he is not currently under contract. The Isles are currently at 48/50 contracts and I'm not sure they will sign Dal Colle or Ho-sang this offseason. This will be to keep trade options open through the season.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Not sure if a surprise or not but I think KO has a chance of being a PPG player---the outside world seems to think he is gonna retreat to previous years but if the Rock Brockster is up on the first line, I think he nets 32-35 G and 43-48 A and asserts himself more physically to become a Corey Perry type.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
de Haan. I think he shows more offense than he has to this point in his pro career and puts up 35 points in addition to playing solid defense.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
I doubt he will get a 9 game look as he is not currently under contract. The Isles are currently at 48/50 contracts and I'm not sure they will sign Dal Colle or Ho-sang this offseason. This will be to keep trade options open through the season.

I totally forgot about the maximum contract rule. I wonder who they're going to clear out to make room for some of their prospects. I've been waiting for Bailey to be gone, but that's not going to happen, seeing how no one wants him.

Who's expiring at the close of this season?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
de Haan. I think he shows more offense than he has to this point in his pro career and puts up 35 points in addition to playing solid defense.

I agree with De Hann. I think the kid is going to show us why he was drafted so high. I think we see an all star worthy season out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad