Speculation: Who will be named Habs captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
There are no shortages of good/great options for the leadership role in the Habs organization once again, after many years of futility this isn't a problem, it's a strength as it was in the dynasty years!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
There are no shortages of good/great options for the leadership role in the Habs organization once again, after many years of futility this isn't a problem, it's a strength as it was in the dynasty years!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Exactly

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
I have a feeling that no matter who becomes Captain between Max or PK, some fans that support the ones who doesn't will criticize the Captain at every opportunity.

If it's Patches, some people will criticize his leadership when he doesn't show up in the POs as much as others.
If it's PK, some people will criticize him any time he takes a semblance of a dive or reacts vividly to some action.

If Patch become captain I doubt he will show up more in the PO, but if PK become the captain I think he will try to dive less :laugh:

But we all know Patch will be the next captain ! The CH must be embarrassed by this super act of generosity by PK... The CH want Patch as captain, but now the public want PK lol

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
lol stabilizing force.

Well yeah, he's the leader and everyone has accepted him as such. He is approved by all his teammates, the entire coaching staff and upper management.

He's the face of the franchise, but he can't be captain on the ice. We all see what happens on the ice and to me, it seems Subban has all it takes to wear the C. He can handle the media and the pressure.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Let's be honest here. The only captain is Price. Patches and PK are pretty much co-captains in waiting anyways with Markov and Plex being the older transitioning guard.

i picked Patches but only because I think he's probably perceived as being more of the subdued leader than PK being more of a rah rah type captain. I think they'd both make fantastic captains but there can only be one and Patches seems a bit more even keel which is what I think you need in a captain.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
What I want to know, is besides the Captain, who will they remove an A from?

Markov should keep his, Pacioretty or Subban should get the other, will they remove the A from Pleks?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
What I want to know, is besides the Captain, who will they remove an A from?

Markov should keep his, Pacioretty or Subban should get the other, will they remove the A from Pleks?

There's still the option to rotate one (or more) of the 'A's between home/road games (like they've already done). So technically, they could go with a captain plus two alternates for home games, then that same captain plus two other alternates for away games (so 4 guys who would wear the 'A' throughout the year).

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Well yeah, he's the leader and everyone has accepted him as such. He is approved by all his teammates, the entire coaching staff and upper management.
While this may be true, totally irrelevant to this conversation.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Let's be honest here. The only captain is Price. Patches and PK are pretty much co-captains in waiting anyways with Markov and Plex being the older transitioning guard.

i picked Patches but only because I think he's probably perceived as being more of the subdued leader than PK being more of a rah rah type captain. I think they'd both make fantastic captains but there can only be one and Patches seems a bit more even keel which is what I think you need in a captain.

These 2 sentences are a bit contradictory, no ?

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
OK let do like RDS or AC :naughty:

Comparison between PAC ans PK

Best player : PK
Best media for public : PK
Best média for CH : PAC
Pressure : PK
Looker room : PAC
MT player : PAC
Just with this few points, we can see its a very close call! But we all know MT and the looker room will decide the next captain !

One more point in favor of PK, he is always happy for the succes of other players, contrary to PAC who doesnt always see happy if he is not playing with DD or When Gachenyuk score more goal them him on the sale line ;)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
These 2 sentences are a bit contradictory, no ?

Not really. Price IS the captain but he can't wear the actual "C" so it'll have to go to another player. Of the options available, the likely leading candidates are Patches and PK who can wear the "C" as the figurehead captains even though they're both still great leaders on the team. It won't change the fact that Price is the leader on and off the ice.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
OK let do like RDS or AC :naughty:

Comparison between PAC ans PK

Best player : PK
Best media for public : PK
Best média for CH : PAC
Pressure : PK
Looker room : PAC
MT player : PAC
Just with this few points, we can see its a very close call! But we all know MT and the looker room will decide the next captain !

One more point in favor of PK, he is always happy for the succes of other players, contrary to PAC who doesnt always see happy if he is not playing with DD or When Gachenyuk score more goal them him on the sale line ;)

Oh yea I'm sure Pacioretty was furious when Galchenyuk got that hat trick on his line! :laugh::shakehead

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Well there's now ten million more reasons why PK should get the C. Plus this is Montreal, and PK is way more charismatic than the other candidates -- his style reflects the city IMO.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Not really. Price IS the captain but he can't wear the actual "C" so it'll have to go to another player. Of the options available, the likely leading candidates are Patches and PK who can wear the "C" as the figurehead captains even though they're both still great leaders on the team. It won't change the fact that Price is the leader on and off the ice.

Fact ? You guys knows a lot of sure thing happening behind close doors :P

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Fact ? You guys knows a lot of sure thing happening behind close doors :P

Yes. Fact. 100% on this one.

It's not behind closed doors, everyone and their mother knows, has said and accepts that this is Price's team. League roles just doesn't allow a goalie to be captain and I don't think the Habs are in a hurry to follow the Vancouver debacle anytime soon.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That exacly what was in my mind When I wrote this sentence, PAC was not smiling when Gal got its third goal...:naughty:

I'd love to see a clip of him not smiling after his 3rd goal.

And if Pacioretty didn't want him to get a hat trick then maybe he shouldn't have set him up for all 3 of the goals! Clearly a terrible teammate :laugh:

Cdizzle

Mar 11, 2008
Toronto
I think it's awesome we have two young players who fans are literally fighting over to receive captaincy. I would love to see PK with the C but seems like more of you want Max, either way I'm happy for whoever gets it.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
I still don't understand why David Desharnais is never considered to be team's captain. He's our first C, he's french speaking, and he is responsible for most of our offensive production. Without him Max would be an average scorer. His defensive game is underrated - pretty sure he would be near elite if given a chance. Most underrated player in the league (alongside Lucic, Lindback and Motley Crue).

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I still don't understand why David Desharnais is never considered to be team's captain. He's our first C, he's french speaking, and he is responsible for most of our offensive production. Without him Max would be an average scorer. His defensive game is underrated - pretty sure he would be near elite if given a chance. Most underrated player in the league (alongside Lucic, Lindback and Motley Crue).

People still find this kind of post funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad