Speculation: Who will be named Habs captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

Hahaha perfect reaction!

cap10bfl

Apr 18, 2007
Laval, Qc
Georges Laraque said on the radio today (91.9 sports) that he was told that pacioretty is the captain and that the players on the team know already... take it for what its worth

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
What did I say that was made up?

I simply said that Max's tone had changed ever since he was considered for captain which is absolutely true, the fact that he might be lobbying a little bit is understandable, I'd do the same thing if I were him I mean he's looking to be the captain of the freakin Montreal Canadiens for gods sake not 5th grade class president, its nice of you to think that there is no lobbying going on whatsoever but its not necessarily the truth.

Of course they are both quality people that goes without saying.

Not necessarily made up but presenting speculations as fact.

I don't see it as lobbying when members of the media are directly asking them how they would feel if they were the person chosen to be the captain. They're being honest in saying that it would be a great honour and both of them have said that they'd fully support whoever gets the C

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
No matter who gets the C, the leadership on the ice will not change much. Lots of leaders and driven people on this team, and Price is chief among them.

So, you pick a C to be the face of your organisation. That's got to be PK.

Prairie Spitfire

Jul 22, 2013
Dieppe, NB
I think Patches will be handed the captaincy but I think he will be picked for the wrong reasons. He's our best forward, not the best leader. He has perfected the art of saying little during an interview and will not rock the boat. He is the safe pick and therefore the wrong pick. Whoever is made captain will be the one who guides us during our Cup window and I just have the feeling that he doesn't have what it takes. Until he proves himself capable of battling it out in the playoffs, keep the C off his jersey. Furthermore, his "campaign" doesn't sit well with me...it stinks of wanting it for the wrong reasons

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
I think Pacioretty could be a good choice, he definitely cares about the team and wants to be a leader. I give him much respect for that, he is also definitely the safe choice......however I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed that a streaky goal scoring winger is gonna be the next captain of the Canadiens. With Price unable to be captain, I feel the next clear choice is PK. He just fits my impression of what a captain should be, that guy that just thrives under pressure and can put the team on his back no matter the situation.

Makaveli XI

Aug 23, 2015
Georges Laraque said on the radio today (91.9 sports) that he was told that pacioretty is the captain and that the players on the team know already... take it for what its worth

I thought that the reason the captain was not announced at the golf tournament was because the donation announcement was coming soon and this news would help ease PK into the captaincy and potential limit the unfair criticism he will receive.

I hope this news coming from Laraque was misinterpreted

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I think that it now has to be PK, I don't see the habs name someone else now. They are being bullied into hiring a freach speaking coach, the same media and fan are now going to ask lot of questions if any else is name captain.
REgardless of who is captain, PK just kind stole their thunder.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I thought that the reason the captain was not announced at the golf tournament was because the donation announcement was coming soon and this news would help ease PK into the captaincy and potential limit the unfair criticism he will receive.

I hope this news coming from Laraque was misinterpreted

By what I heard on Hockey 360, only Molson had a vague idea of what Subban was about to do. No one in the organisation was aware of it.

If CH was involved, we would have seen other faces in the presser! :)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I see no reason why Subban shouldn't be the captain. People call him immature, but he showed yesterday that he is a mature man.
People call him out on his diving on the ice, but they forget that Sidney Crosby is a huge diver as well.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I see no reason why Subban shouldn't be the captain. People call him immature, but he showed yesterday that he is a mature man.
People call him out on his diving on the ice, but they forget that Sidney Crosby is a huge diver as well.
You see no reason?? How can you? You don't name a captain by looking at highlights or a press conference. Unless you are in the room with the team everyday you have no clue who should be captain or why a certain player is chosen as captain.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
The fact is we have little clue about hows the locker rooms dynamic. From the outside, there is some good options (Pax - PK - Gally) - but we lack the most important part of the deal. Bergevin and Therrien are both good leaders - and Im pretty sure they will choose just fine, helped with much more informations then us.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You see no reason?? How can you? You don't name a captain by looking at highlights or a press conference. Unless you are in the room with the team everyday you have no clue who should be captain or why a certain player is chosen as captain.

The game isn't played in the locker room.
In any case, there is already a stabilizing force in the locker room: Carey Price.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I have a feeling that no matter who becomes Captain between Max or PK, some fans that support the ones who doesn't will criticize the Captain at every opportunity.

If it's Patches, some people will criticize his leadership when he doesn't show up in the POs as much as others.
If it's PK, some people will criticize him any time he takes a semblance of a dive or reacts vividly to some action.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
For everyone expecting Subban to be named captain, you better start preparing for disappointment. There's no way it's not Pacioretty. Absolutely no way.

With that said I would prefer Subban to be given the C. It's just not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad