Speculation: Who will be named Habs captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There's another question that goes with the nomination of the Captain.
Who will be left without a letter?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Let's be honest here. The only captain is Price. Patches and PK are pretty much co-captains in waiting anyways with Markov and Plex being the older transitioning guard.

i picked Patches but only because I think he's probably perceived as being more of the subdued leader than PK being more of a rah rah type captain. I think they'd both make fantastic captains but there can only be one and Patches seems a bit more even keel which is what I think you need in a captain.

PK is the only guy that can really "rival" Price in terms of leadership presence, whether or not that's a good thing, I don't know. Then again, they're pretty ****ing tight, so I don't think it'd be an issue. They're both winners. :laugh:

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
Well there's now ten million more reasons why PK should get the C. Plus this is Montreal, and PK is way more charismatic than the other candidates -- his style reflects the city IMO.

This is bang on.

Pacioretty likely has the captaincy, however Subban encompasses the raw emotion, superb talent, dedication to perfection and leadership that this great storied franchise needs and that's not a knock on Pacioretty, who has many of the same qualities as PK, only a little watered down in comparison imo. And what a charitable foundation! Takes all the steam out of the 'selfish PK' naysayers.

Go Habs Go!

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
What about a co-op C splitted between Subban and Pacioretty like the Sabres in the past?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
This will take some getting used to. I really thought it should have been Subban, the fit is just too perfect for the city and franchise. Oh well, players went with the guy respected by the refs and other teams more. It makes sense, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad