Who will be bought out on other teams besides the flyers?

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
Don't want Heatley at all. Laich, Hossa and Ruutu I'd be interested in.

On the 0.0001% chance that Hossa gets bought out, it won't be this summer. There are many nights when he is the best player on the team that currently has a 1-0 lead in the Cup Finals. As a GM you don't get rid of that due to concerns 5-7 years down the road because there's a good chance you won't have your job 5-7 years down the road, especially if you get rid of someone like Hossa. Also if they did for some reason decide they couldn't afford to keep his contract, someone would be willing to trade for it.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Apparently you guys didn't watch much of Minnesota this year; Heatley is no longer a consistent offensive threat at the NHL level.

It would be similar to watching Gagne and Giroux play together at the end of this season... a waste of Giroux's vision.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Tampa Bay - Vincent Lecavalier ($7.73 million cap hit until 2019-20)

what a terrible contract. This guy has always been one of the most overrated players in the league

Since his inception, really. And currently, he plays like a bit of a ******* as well.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Apparently you guys didn't watch much of Minnesota this year; Heatley is no longer a consistent offensive threat at the NHL level.

It would be similar to watching Gagne and Giroux play together at the end of this season... a waste of Giroux's vision.

He definately fell off as an offensive threat....but at the right price I would sign him depending on what happens with Gagne. I feel he is a slight upgrade over Gagne at this point in his career

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'd be interested in Heatley, Ruutu, Laich or Havlat. Don't want Leino. Heatley on Girouxs wing would be pretty much precisely what that line needs. A big guy who can shoot the puck well from the circle.

Heatley-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-McGinn/Rosehill

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Schenn
Gustafsson-Grossmann

Mason/?
?/Mason

I used to be a fan of Heatley, but it's clear that he's significantly digressed over the past few seasons. His skating just isn't what it used to be and it looks like he really labors out there. He's really no longer a significant upgrade over either Simmonds or Hartnell at this point. I'm sure someone will buy high and be stuck on what Heatley did in the past, but he's just not worth the 4 to 5 million he's going to get (and you know someone will give it to him). I suppose it wouldn't hurt though if you could get him at 2 to 3 million and he has a bit of a renaissance, but that's hoping for a lot.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I used to be a fan of Heatley, but it's clear that he's significantly digressed over the past few seasons. His skating just isn't what it used to be and it looks like he really labors out there. He's really no longer a significant upgrade over either Simmonds or Hartnell at this point. I'm sure someone will buy high and be stuck on what Heatley did in the past, but he's just not worth the 4 to 5 million he's going to get (and you know someone will give it to him). I suppose it wouldn't hurt though if you could get him at 2 to 3 million and he has a bit of a renaissance, but that's hoping for a lot.

i can see Pittsburgh going after Heatley. Especially with Morrow already saying hes leaving and the unknown certainty of Iginla.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
He definately fell off as an offensive threat....but at the right price I would sign him depending on what happens with Gagne. I feel he is a slight upgrade over Gagne at this point in his career

Heatley's slow, can't really play capable two-way hockey anymore, and can't score. Gagne just can't score.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I would love to pick up vinny lecalavier as our second line center with simmonds or even try and work out brad Richards with him....maybe '04 magic ......wishful thinking

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So you want to sign Richards and Lecavalier? What about Schenn and Couts

With an infinite bank account we can roll:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Lecavalier - Richards - Simmonds
Couturier - Schenn - Gagne
Talbot - Laughton - Rinaldo

Streit - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Grossmann - Gustafsson

Bernier
Mason

(Read traded for Bernier)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
How is Briere a better buyout option than Bryz? Bryz's contract is infinitely worse.

Briere is being bought out. His play is not worth his cap hit. It has nothing to do with cash, the Flyers have loads.

Bryz, for all his baggage, carried the team all year and showd he was capable of winning one round the prior year.

Briere is barely worth $2 million now, there is no way to justify carrying the cap hit.

Buy both of them out. Find another goalie. Find another winger to replace Briere. Save some cap room for deadline rentals.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
True, but I agree with those who say the Hawks will wait until after next year. Makes more sense.
Oh totally. And as long as Hossa is willing to do a Tim Thomas "I'm not going to play just suspend me", then there is really no problem.

As long as he doesn't just up and file retire papers.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, only way I would want Heatley is if he came extremely cheap. Like three mil or so on a short term deal. That's the only scenario I could ever be comfortable with as far as Heatley goes.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Briere is being bought out. His play is not worth his cap hit. It has nothing to do with cash, the Flyers have loads.

Bryz, for all his baggage, carried the team all year and showd he was capable of winning one round the prior year.

Briere is barely worth $2 million now, there is no way to justify carrying the cap hit.

Buy both of them out. Find another goalie. Find another winger to replace Briere. Save some cap room for deadline rentals.
If we had only 1 buyout, I'd pick Bryz every day of the week. His contract is aaaaawful, and it always was. Briere's contract is over after 2 seasons, we can live with his "albatross". I also do think his injury played a little into his issues this year.

Although I have no problems buying the both out.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
Dany Heatley, Marc-Andre Fleury, Brad Richards, Vincent Lecavalier and Brooks Laich get bought out, I would like to see flyers make a pitch for any of these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad