News Article: Who We Might Lose to Waivers

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Stressful when they go against what one of us wants, haha

It's all in the way you handle it, we all have favorites I try not to be too harsh on my non favorites. :) It would be far worse if we didn't have any options and had nothing to discuss !!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Over the summer, I read that there were no other teams willing to give him a one-way, which is why he came to the Island.

And, all of those teams have filled out there rosters by now.

He will easily clear, IMO.

Don't believe everything you hear:D Conacher was claimed by 5 teams when he was waived last year, were their rosters not filled in mid-season ? Are you assuming there will be no injuries by the start of the season, and teams won't require players ? Look you have an opinion that's fine, but I will "Guarantee" Conacher "will not" get waived to start the season. Your opinion is he will and he won't be claimed. End of story we don't agree.

PS: I too hope that Strome and Lee start on LI and I don't think Conacher has any effect on them staying or going, just my opinion. Conacher is for depth Strome and Lee are not.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Don't believe everything you hear:D Conacher was claimed by 5 teams when he was waived last year, were their rosters not filled in mid-season ? Are you assuming there will be no injuries by the start of the season, and teams won't require players ? Look you have an opinion that's fine, but I will "Guarantee" Conacher "will not" get waived to start the season. Your opinion is he will and he won't be claimed. End of story we don't agree.

PS: I too hope that Strome and Lee start on LI and I don't think Conacher has any effect on them staying or going, just my opinion. Conacher is for depth Strome and Lee are not.

Late season roster and rosters today are not the same thing. Right now, virtually every team in the league is close to the roster limit and also trying to work in kids. That's why the waiver wire is so active this time of year.

Later in the season, teams have injuries and such and are in the market for depth.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Late season roster and rosters today are not the same thing. Right now, virtually every team in the league is close to the roster limit and also trying to work in kids. That's why the waiver wire is so active this time of year.

Later in the season, teams have injuries and such and are in the market for depth.

Thanks for the help and clarification.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Conacher stress in thread = lol.

Conacher in or not will have no bearing on the season.

Seriously, this Conacher stuff + evaluting players in split squad games is comical. Regardless of how the roster looks on opening night, I bet Strome, Lee, Reinhart, etc. end up finishing the season playing important roles on this team. From what I've seen, they are that good.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Conacher stress in thread = lol.

Conacher in or not will have no bearing on the season.

The bigger lol is people predicting an 'anti-youth' conspiracy lineup that is without Nelson. If Nelson is waived, I will eat my computer and throw up the keys in alphabetical order because that is pants-on-head Pejorative Slured.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
The bigger lol is people predicting an 'anti-youth' conspiracy lineup that is without Nelson. If Nelson is waived, I will eat my computer and throw up the keys in alphabetical order because that is pants-on-head Pejorative Slured.

So you think Nelson will make it do you :laugh:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Seriously, this Conacher stuff + evaluting players in split squad games is comical. Regardless of how the roster looks on opening night, I bet Strome, Lee, Reinhart, etc. end up finishing the season playing important roles on this team. From what I've seen, they are that good.

Yup think your correct !

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I just don't see it. What's the point? He was one of the best 2nd line players in the entire NHL last year, who is replacing him?

Josh Bailey is a passenger who has the odd streak of individual effectiveness. It reminds me of the thought Blake Comeau was destined to become a 60 pt guy. I don't get it. But whatever.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I have to defend allaboard a bit. He is not saying that Nelson won't be here. Just arguing that Conacher can have a role. And by all reports, he is having a good camp.

If Conacher does well, it might not bode well for Grabner, since speed is the primary asset for both guys.

Last edited:

BroadwayJay*

Is there any VOD from yesterday? The radio was woefully insufficient.

I'd like to see that Kuly-Conacher-Grabo goal.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Is there any VOD from yesterday? The radio was woefully insufficient.

I'd like to see that Kuly-Conacher-Grabo goal.

Daniel Friedman tweeted the link it was on Sens TV which is on their website. Two things did stand out and that was Halak's blooper behind the net for the Sens second goal, and the (I hate to even mention him) but Conacher's beautiful feather pass to Grabovski who was streaking to the net. These two will constantly go to the net.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I have to defend allaboard a bit. He is not saying that Nelson won't be here. Just arguing that Conacher can have a role. And by all reports, he is having a good camp.

If Conacher does well, it might not bode well for Grabner, since speed is the primary asset for both guys.

That does sum up what I'm saying nothing more. The more the young guys and Conacher/Skille ect can step up the more depth we have, and then we can move some guys for the defensemen we need. Grabner or Bailey for Marc Methot !!!!

BroadwayJay*

Daniel Friedman tweeted the link it was on Sens TV which is on their website. Two things did stand out and that was Halak's blooper behind the net for the Sens second goal, and the (I hate to even mention him) but Conacher's beautiful feather pass to Grabovski who was streaking to the net. These two will constantly go to the net.

Share the wealth!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Here it is, not sure why it didn't come up for me earlier.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=632171&catid=1415

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Nelson- Taveres - Okposo
Strome - Grabovski - Kulemin
Grabner - Neilson - Lee

No Bailey ! Would love to see him moved for a defensemen. Not because I dislike him, because I just don't see where he fits it you want both Strome and Lee on the team. You can't pay guys 3.5 million to play on the forth line. We also have depth now with Conacher or Skille to fill in if we have injuries in the top 9.

Completely agree. I dont hate bailey the way some here seem to, but he doesnt fit with the forwards we have signed. If moving Bailey brings back an NHL dman, then do it. Hes 24 and has upside, but not the upside that prevents you from making that deal. Besides, with Strome, Dal Colle(in the future), Nelson, Lee, JT, Okposo...there is no way he has a shot at top 6 minutes...especially with Grabo signed too.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Yeah Halak messed up but so did both carkner (where the eff was he going?) And Donovan waited a stride or two too long to come back home after his failed clear up the boards, he wasted a second or two coasting after the puck didn't get out of the zone. That cost him.

The other pp goal was all Brennan. Two passes through him like he wasn't even standing there.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Yeah Halak messed up but so did both carkner (where the eff was he going?) And Donovan waited a stride or two too long to come back home after his failed clear up the boards, he wasted a second or two coasting after the puck didn't get out of the zone. That cost him.

The other pp goal was all Brennan. Two passes through him like he wasn't even standing there.
To be fair, I doubt Brennan is on the PK during the regular season. You're probably looking a DeHaan/Hamonic on the 1st PK and Hickey/Strait on the 2nd PK.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
That does sum up what I'm saying nothing more. The more the young guys and Conacher/Skille ect can step up the more depth we have, and then we can move some guys for the defensemen we need. Grabner or Bailey for Marc Methot !!!!

Where do I sign?

P.S. If I don't stop posting on this board and get back to my manuscript deadline, I'm going to have trouble affording a computer to post with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad