Who wasn't a WWF/WWE Champion, but deserved to be?

Vincent Riendeau

Jan 14, 2007
St. Louis, MO
This is an odd answer, but I think Christian should've been WWE Champion way before 2011. He was so great in 2005 and then his push was stopped and he left for TNA. It took another 6 years, and probably Edge's retirement, for Christian to be finally become champion. So, he deserved to be WAY before he finally got there.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This is an odd answer, but I think Christian should've been WWE Champion way before 2011. He was so great in 2005 and then his push was stopped and he left for TNA. It took another 6 years, and probably Edge's retirement, for Christian to be finally become champion. So, he deserved to be WAY before he finally got there.

Vince's obvious dislike of Christian was so odd, not that he didn't care for the type of wrestler Christian was but how they seemed to actively sabotage a guy who had a lot of talent and was over. It wasn't like 2010s Vince or decaying corpse 2020s Vince. I remember an in-ring segment from the time where the crowd was eating Christian up and Vince was visibly wondering what the f*** was going on. Those were the early days of Vince's "I'll tell them what they want!" era so I guess that's it.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Scott Hall
Mr Perfect
Roddy Piper
Ted DiBiase
Bam Bam Bigelow
Jake Roberts
Rick Rude
Owen Hart
Cesaro
This is my list plus Vader. I wouldn't put Rick Martel on the list but he deserved an IC title run.

For WCW, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham are two names who come to mind.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is my list plus Vader. I wouldn't put Rick Martel on the list but he deserved an IC title run.

For WCW, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham are two names who come to mind.
Good call on The Model, Rick Martel being an ideal IC champ.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
William Regal. He's so good and he's so beloved.

He wrestled in an era where guys like him were "boring." If he were in his prime now, he would absolutely rake.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Good call on The Model, Rick Martel being an ideal IC champ.
The next step after his feud with Tito should have been an IC title run. I think his accent was too thick for Vince. Can you imagine a pairing of Martel with the IC title, managed by Sherri Martel?

I think "The Model" character hit a wall after his feud with Jake Roberts. He never really rebounded. Became a quality lower card character heel that put over the new young face to help the new guy get over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad