Who wasn't a WWF/WWE Champion, but deserved to be?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
In regard to Scot Hall, i found out that he actually wasn't a WWF/WWE Champion. That a little bid surprising, because he was the star in 90s. Were there any ideas, scripts, he could came to top?

Who else deserved to be a Champion, but was ignored?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In regard to Scot Hall, i found out that he actually wasn't a WWF/WWE Champion. That a little bid surprising, because he was the star in 90s. Were there any ideas, scripts, he could came to top?

Who else deserved to be a Champion, but was ignored?
Razor should have had the push Diesel got in 95.

Piper is the most obvious one. It’s not like there weren’t chances, obviously they wouldn’t interrupt Hogan’s run for him, but there were other times he could have gotten a run as a babyface and Vince didn’t think he was reliable enough or something.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If Junkyard Dog was white he would've been WWF Champion

You think that white JYD would have been WWF champion over peak Hulk Hogan? Doubt that. He was already past his best when he got to WWF and regardless of ethnicity he was the top champion in Mid-South numerous times.

Storyline wise, DiBiase should have been champion. In terms of talent Mr. Perfect probably deserved it more than anyone else who never won the belt. Rude too.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
You think that white JYD would have been WWF champion over peak Hulk Hogan? Doubt that. He was already past his best when he got to WWF and regardless of ethnicity he was the top champion in Mid-South numerous times.

Storyline wise, DiBiase should have been champion. In terms of talent Mr. Perfect probably deserved it more than anyone else who never won the belt. Rude too.

He certainly was over enough and had enough gas in the tank for 1 run. You could've easily done the "face vs face" angle with him and Hogan like they later did with Hogan and Warrior. Or they could've turned him heel for a run.

And you're point about the Mid South runs is what I'm saying. He was clearly Championship material and had experience being "the guy", he had all the pieces you'd want in a title holder.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He certainly was over enough and had enough gas in the tank for 1 run. You could've easily done the "face vs face" angle with him and Hogan like they later did with Hogan and Warrior. Or they could've turned him heel for a run.

And you're point about the Mid South runs is what I'm saying. He was clearly Championship material and had experience being "the guy", he had all the pieces you'd want in a title holder.

I wouldn't be surprised if early 1980s JYD could have gotten the belt at some point, and I do not think that him being black would have stopped him. Money would have spoken for him. It would never happen over 80s Hogan though, that's a peak too high.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Scott Hall
Mr Perfect
Roddy Piper
Ted DiBiase
Bam Bam Bigelow
Jake Roberts
Rick Rude
Owen Hart
Cesaro

this is exactly my list, only I would add Malenko. I've always had such a soft spot in my wrestling heart for Malenko. My god was that guy a treat to watch in the ring.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
There are guys that were world title material but that I just don't see when they could have won the title. Like Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect. I'm not sure there was much room for them to win in a era of long, mostly babyface champions. Even Piper and Jake Roberts.

Here's my list:

DiBiase - instead of Sgt Slaugher

Razor Ramon - I always thought he should have got the Diesel 1994-1995 push.

Bigelow - he should have got Yokozuna's spot.

Owen Hart - should have been the one to end Bret's 1994 reign for a short title reign before dropping it to Razor.

Ziggler - I know he won the World title but that was a secondary title. We are in an era where pretty much every top guy gets a chance with the main title. Ziggler should have won at some point in 2011-2013. Instead of Del Rio.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I feel like Bigelow should have been so much more. I mean he technically did main event a WM, but the guy could really, really work. Would have been a great monster heel at the top of the company.

I'd also toss Vader into the mix.

Reactions: Habsrule

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I feel like Bigelow should have been so much more. I mean he technically did main event a WM, but the guy could really, really work. Would have been a great monster heel at the top of the company.

Yes, it should have been Vader, not Sid that took the title off HBK in 1996.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012

I liked Bam Bam in ECW more. As part of the triple threat with Candido and the franchise.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Davey Boy is another that gets mentioned in topics like this. He's one of my all time favourites but when could he have won the title? I just don't see it.

Sorry, not picking on your choices @mrmovies779 . Just trying to have a discussion.
When he had his fued with Bret.That would have been the ideal time to put it on him and see where it went from there.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If Junkyard Dog was white he would've been WWF Champion
Lol no he wouldn’t.

First, there was nothing that was toppling Hogan. Second, he was a crack head by the time he went north. Third, his program with the free birds was white hot. His “overness “ had more to do with the Freebirds being hated then him actually being over.

Most of these guys didn’t need a title run. They were over without one. Rude has WCW champ and that didn’t put asses in seats.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

Yeah but…

Henning did nothing for the AWA as champ.

Nobody was going over Hogan. Henning was IC champ in a time when the best workers were usually given that belt. ( Honky sold tickets). That’s a lot more then most can say.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Lol no he wouldn’t.

First, there was nothing that was toppling Hogan. Second, he was a crack head by the time he went north. Third, his program with the free birds was white hot. His “overness “ had more to do with the Freebirds being hated then him actually being over.

Most of these guys didn’t need a title run. They were over without one. Rude has WCW champ and that didn’t put asses in seats.
Rude wasn’t the real champ. That was the “wcw international” belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad