Who was the person in school who wasn't a Leafs fan and always had to make sure you knew?

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
One of my teachers in high school is a Leafs season ticket holder, so we would always talk about them.

One of my business teachers in High School would jokingly rip the leafs to me almost everyday. It ended when I realized he was a Senators' fan and started the insults back. It was 2004, it was easy to win those arguments.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
When you think about in retrospect, it's meaningless conflict like this that helps to prepare you for adulthood.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
With the way demographics are changing, the cost of playing entry-level hockey, etc, basketball may be more popular. Now, Hockey still owns the desirable demographic of wealthy males 19-49. But, even that is shifting as kids who grew up primarily basketball fans enter the workforce and grow into senior management positions. A ton of my friends from university who are 2nd generation Canadians, who are somewhat indifferent to hockey, but love Basketball or Soccer are now entering a phase of there lives where they are making good 6 figure salaries and fit in one of the most desired areas for advertisers.

I love hockey, grew up playing it, have followed the Leafs for as long as I can remember. But, it is just not a very inclusive or accessible sport. That was 20 years ago, and even since then costs have risen significantly. It's easy to buy a ball and play at a local park. Hockey to play consistently is a significant investment time (driving from rink to rink mid-week for travel hockey) and money-wise.
This is why I always wish that the Leafs would win the Cup again. I feel like there would be a resurgence in interest in and passion for hockey. The difficult thing is that many Canadian teams seem to constantly be behind the 8 ball when it comes to the "meta" of hockey.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One of my business teachers in High School would jokingly rip the leafs to me almost everyday. It ended when I realized he was a Senators' fan and started the insults back. It was 2004, it was easy to win those arguments.
I remember before the Leafs and Senators 2002 playoff series I was in class and for whatever reason that day we were combined with another class. Anyway there someone wearing a Senators jersey and I didn't know him, however we ended up sitting at the same table. Eventually we started playing hang man because whatever we were working on was finished, so he was guessing the sentence I was thinking of and it was "Leafs in Six." When he realized that the look on his face was priceless.

Reactions: CapspaceKiller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad