who was the all-time Pens worst player who lasted 100 games or more.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why are people saying Fata? He wasn't even the worst on the team. In fact he was actually fun to watch.

How has nobody mentioned Tanner Glass (115 games) yet? :laugh:
Edit: Oh he was mentioned, missed it the first time.

And yeah, it's probably McKenna. At least Leroux, while skating like he had no knees, was a tough fighter and had the occasional big hit. McKenna was freakishly tall but had no on-ice skills at all, not even toughness

Leroux played at a time where bad players like him played... but I'll never forget the time he broke the glass at like mid ice :laugh: It was so random.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Fata was fun to watch if you like seeing players inexplicably find new and exciting ways to go offsides a dozen times a game and constantly try the same crappy inside/outside move that never worked over and over again. But you're right that he wasn't the worst player on those teams. Far from it.

My pick would be have to be Ian Moran. He was around for a really long time and even as bad as the Penguins were most of those years... I don't think anyone really has any idea why. Not the worst I've seen (that might be Endicott) but if tenure is a thing... it's tough to think of worse. He could ice the puck with the best of 'em. That was about the sum total of his abilities as a hockey player.

Last edited:

Master Shake*

Laukannen was really good for us (for a relatively short period of time). He was a wall holding the line on the PP. Like, a dude could take a full power slapshot to clear the zone and Laukannen would somehow knock it down--100% of the time--and get it back to Jagr or Kovalev in one motion.

Larry Murphy's the only other guy I can recall who was as good at that one particular thing.

Smolinski was aggravating to watch, but he produced just fine for what he was supposed to do. I'd take him over Sutter, certainly.

Murphy was the best Ive ever seen at pinching. Puck never got past him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad