Who was on the ice when Price got run over by Chris Kreider

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'm usually not one to live in the past, but I do honestly believe losing Price was a huge factor in the series' loss to the Rangers. Yes, Tokarski made some remarkable saves. But the mark of a true goalie isn't necessarily the number of saves, but the timing of them. Price (esp. last season) had a knack for making the big save at the right time. Tokarski on the other hand, would make big save after big save, but would let in a goal at the worst time (see St. Louis' OT winner). Another thing, if you watch every Habs game you truly understand the value of Carey's puck handling skills. It might be most important skill he brings to the team. The team's transition game is based on Price's puck handling skills. The problem wasn't the fact that Tokarski didn't handle the puck as well as Price, but the fact that he DIDN'T handle the puck AT ALL. RDS highlighted a sequence in which Subban was tapping his stick on the PP so that Tokarski could pass him the puck, and it never happened-Subban had to go all the way back into his own zone to retrieve it.

All of this to say, that losing Price wasn't the sole reason we lost. Vanek's abominable play along with the immobility of our D are some contributing factors as well. However, I do firmly believe that with Price in net, some of our flaws aren't so readily exposed. As a fan, I felt like Price was robbed of his chance to truly prove himself and maybe take us all the way. I guess we'll never know what would have happened, but with the season Price was having, idk why but my gut just tells me he could have taken us somewhere special.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm usually not one to live in the past, but I do honestly believe losing Price was a huge factor in the series' loss to the Rangers. Yes, Tokarski made some remarkable saves. But the mark of a true goalie isn't necessarily the number of saves, but the timing of them. Price (esp. last season) had a knack for making the big save at the right time. Tokarski on the other hand, would make big save after big save, but would let in a goal at the worst time (see St. Louis' OT winner). Another thing, if you watch every Habs game you truly understand the value of Carey's puck handling skills. It might be most important skill he brings to the team. The team's transition game is based on Price's puck handling skills. The problem wasn't the fact that Tokarski didn't handle the puck as well as Price, but the fact that he DIDN'T handle the puck AT ALL. RDS highlighted a sequence in which Subban was tapping his stick on the PP so that Tokarski could pass him the puck, and it never happened-Subban had to go all the way back into his own zone to retrieve it.

All of this to say, that losing Price wasn't the sole reason we lost. Vanek's abominable play along with the immobility of our D are some contributing factors as well. However, I do firmly believe that with Price in net, some of our flaws aren't so readily exposed. As a fan, I felt like Price was robbed of his chance to truly prove himself and maybe take us all the way. I guess we'll never know what would have happened, but with the season Price was having, idk why but my gut just tells me he could have taken us somewhere special.

Agreed overall. Funny how we feel obligated to explain the obvious. A team is much better with its star goalie than without him.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
It's ludicrous to think that losing our star goalie and replacing him with an AHL goalie in the playoffs didn't factor into that series. Tokarski played well but people are fooling themselves if they think Price wouldn't have made a difference in that series. Someone should have pummeled Krieder and made him pay for what he did whether it was an accident or not.

Tell me, please, just precisely how pummeling Krieder brings Price back to health?

Tell me, please, just precisely how pummeling Krieder helps the team?

Tell me, please, just precisely how pummeling Krieder does anything but satisfy the juvenile needs of juveniles watching at home?

The best way to get "revenge" is always scoreboard. Even in that regard, though, "rah-venge" and "rah-demption," as they say on TSN, only matter to TV types attempting to give fans at home some simplistic and easily comprehended Gr. 8 level script into which they can fill their own feelings and thereby feel a sense of connection to something that otherwise is completely beyond their physical capabilities and mental processing; i.e., professional sports.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
When your goalie gets trashed in the most important series of the year it does not really matter whether it was intentional or accidental. A tight team with b---s generally does not really care about malicious intent. Philly, Boston, LA, etc .In the nhl of the 80-90s the King gets run hard within two minutes of Prices departure. As soon as you can get the puck to the net clean it happens. The King was probably surprised it did not happen. In has nothing to do with Kreider and everything to do with Price on the bench and what kind of team you have. That was a team character problem.

For the record.. the series goes down the tubes because of Prices injury and s----y coaching. Just another meaningless opinion.

Last edited:

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal
Agreed overall. Funny how we feel obligated to explain the obvious. A team is much better with its star goalie than without him.

see: boston series. no price and we don't even come close. and the bruins were a much better team than the rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad