Who was on the ice when Price got run over by Chris Kreider

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
According to the game sheet:

Briere, Weise, Prust, Markov, Emelin, Price for the Habs
Kreider, Stepan, Nash, Klein, Staal and Lundqvist for the Rangers.

(Looks like a pretty bad matchup for Montreal actually.)

Pricef*

According to the game sheet:

Briere, Weise, Prust, Markov, Emelin, Price for the Habs
Kreider, Stepan, Nash, Klein, Staal and Lundqvist for the Rangers.

(Looks like a pretty bad matchup for Montreal actually.)

Thank you MathMan

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Kreider has no history of running goalies. Emelin tripped him. Going skates first was a reflex.

That's the way I interpreted the game film too. The blade of stick made contact with the blades of the skates, clear as day on that film. Tough to argue around that fact.

Presumably that will happen less with good mobility in the lineup and Emelin on his better side.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Who cares? Get over it!!!!

Well, I do for one, the Habs don't need any Todd Bertuzzi action, that's not how the Habs get payback. Payback comes in the form of wins vs the NYR's, in every way possible at least that's how I envision our team dealing with this injury. Not including headhunting!:nod:

Oct 22, 2012
That's the way I interpreted the game film too. The blade of stick made contact with the blades of the skates, clear as day on that film. Tough to argue around that fact.

Presumably that will happen less with good mobility in the lineup and Emelin on his better side.

Delete

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Basically cost us the first habs sc final since 1993. I'm ok with some people having a hard time swallowing the pill.

You don't know that, and can't predict that the Habs would have won with Price because it didn't happen. Tokarski played really really well, perhaps even better than Price would have. There is no way to tell the outcome of what didn't happen. If a more positive outcome could have happened, a more negative outcome could also have happened.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
You don't know that, and can't predict that the Habs would have won with Price because it didn't happen. Tokarski played really really well, perhaps even better than Price would have. There is no way to tell the outcome of what didn't happen. If a more positive outcome could have happened, a more negative outcome could also have happened.
Definitely didn't help though, but I agree.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

As a goalie, Tokarski played really well. Price changes the whole dynamic of the team though. He's the best puckhandler in the league and he's just a safer bet for his teammates. It was absolutely a defining factor in losing this series.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

People who claim this show their ignorance... The Habs transition game is built around Price. Tokarski was so bad with the puck he wouldn't even leave his net.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Intentional or not, penalty or bot, I would (like many others) have pummeled the guy for running into my superstar goalie.

Oh? Wonder why Brandon Prust, who was on the ice at the time, didn't do that. I mean, he's not exactly shy about dropping the mitts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad