Who was a bigger play-off First Round disappointment - Tavares or Gaudreau?

Who was a bigger disappointment?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Gaudreau

I mean, at least Tavares scored in his do-or-die game and got them a little hope after 40 minutes

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Gaudreau was relied on to score - that's it - and he didn't. In fact he was invisible for pretty much the entire series outside of Game 7.

Tavares was relied on to score AND neutralize the Bergeron line. He did an OK job - not great but not bad. Not what you'd hope for from your big money signing, but he was still night and day above Gaudreau on the productivity-scale.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Tavares. He was supposed to help the Leafs take the next step , he didn't. Gaudreau disappointed as well but for me Tavares was the bigger disappointment.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The obvious answer is Gaudreau. Calgary lost in 5 games as the #1 seed in the Western Conference and that makes him look even worse.

At least Tavares still showed up in Game 7 and scored the only Leafs goal which got them back in the game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Tavares outproduced Bergeron head to head. Gaudreau sucked in every way and only stood out when he tried to draw calls
At 5-on-5 Bergeron was 3 goals for, 1 against vs. Tavares. If you include empty nets, it was 6-2. Bergeron was also on the ice for 2 PP goals against when Tavares was on.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
At 5-on-5 Bergeron was 3 goals for, 1 against vs. Tavares. If you include empty nets, it was 6-2. Bergeron was also on the ice for 2 PP goals against when Tavares was on.
Bergeron had 0 goals and 0 primary assists at 5v5, so Tavares deserves a lot of credit. I thought Marner and Hyman were pretty underwhelming, but Tavares outplayed his counterpart.

Also, I think you're wrong about PP goals. Tavares PKed for less than a minute and wasn't on the ice for any goals according to Corsica

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bergeron had 0 goals and 0 primary assists at 5v5, so Tavares deserves a lot of credit. I thought Marner and Hyman were pretty underwhelming, but Tavares outplayed his counterpart.

Also, I think you're wrong about PP goals. Tavares PKed for less than a minute and wasn't on the ice for any goals according to Corsica
I actually do think Tavares did a good job, but when you look at it as a whole the line didn't outproduce the other line, both were held in check for the most part. Tavares wasn't out for a goal for against Bergeron after Game 1.

And I meant when Bergeron was PKing and Tavares was on the PP.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I actually do think Tavares did a good job, but when you look at it as a whole the line didn't outproduce the other line, both were held in check for the most part. Tavares wasn't out for a goal for against Bergeron after Game 1.

And I meant when Bergeron was PKing and Tavares was on the PP.
oh, yeah my bad. I read it too quickly.

I agree Tavares wasn't amazing, but holding Bergeron in check is better than anything Gaudreau did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad