Who was a bigger play-off First Round disappointment - Tavares or Gaudreau?

Who was a bigger disappointment?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Gaudreau. Hes the teams best player since hes come into the NHL.

Tavares got his 11mil he can chill until he retires lol. Marner and Matthews are the Leafs best players.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'm saying Tavares only because my expectations for him were very high. He left NY to be on a playoff team/hometown and I figured this year he would absolutely shred the playoffs

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Bergeron has historically played Tavares very hard in the matchup game, more of the same here.

Tavares hardly did anything, but then again neither did Marner or his other line mate.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Gaudreau was worse than Tavares - so the only way Tavares could be more of a disappointment is if you had higher expectations for him.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As a Bruins fan I think he was the Leafs best player by the eye test, although the stat line wasn't the prettiest at the end. He was hard matched against the best line in hockey, who really didn't have a great series, and part of it was Tavares.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Gaudreau easily.

Tavares has a long history of 1st round exits or worse (has only reached the 2nd round once in 10 years), so it can't be a disappointment

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Tavares did what he was asked to, he neutralized the Bergeron line for the most part.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
One makes 11 million a year and one makes 6.5. But both were bad, I don't think it's as lopsided as some will suggest because put Tavares on the Flames and it's the same result.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Tavares scored a big game seven goal and at least had some role in slowing down the Perfection Line at ES, even if he wasn't particularly successful in a shutdown role. Gaudreau had one assist in five games.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
One makes 11 million a year and one makes 6.5. But both were bad, I don't think it's as lopsided as some will suggest because put Tavares on the Flames and it's the same result.

This would be assuming Bergeron and Marchand played for the Avalanche. lol

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
JT had 5 points (2 goals) in 7 games, was hustling and competing super hard all over the ice, and was our main shutdown guy against the Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta line (did a pretty good job against them). He didn't have a crazy good playoffs or anything, but he was good, definitely one of our best players.

Comparing his playoffs to guys who shit the bed, like Gaudreau, is nuts. JT wasn't dominant, but he was good.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Bergeron has historically played Tavares very hard in the matchup game, more of the same here.

Tavares hardly did anything, but then again neither did Marner or his other line mate.
to be fair, bergeron is a nightmare matchup for any player. great players find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad