Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Nicely done fellas!!
internet_fist_bump.png

Karlsson2Turris*

That overconfidence thread should be for posters instead of players...

We aren't even in a wildcard position yet and people are acting as if we're big contenders favourites to win the Cup...

Worst of all is the trolling of fanbases while our team hasn't done a THING yet

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
What really interests me is that their is no rivalry between the Panthers, and Lightning. isn't it set in stone you are rivals with your neighbour in sports? Phily-Pitts Anaheim-LA-SJ Ottawa - Montreal/Toronto Canada-USA Inda-Pakistan North and South Korea.

Karlsson2Turris*

What really interests me is that their is no rivalry between the Panthers, and Lightning. isn't it set in stone you are rivals with your neighbour in sports? Phily-Pitts Anaheim-LA-SJ Ottawa - Montreal/Toronto Canada-USA Inda-Pakistan North and South Korea.

Yeah I find that really odd

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

well i think its because both teams came in during the 90's. usually rivalries happen in the playoffs or decades of playing against each other. florida hasant been that great so a lot of people dont really feel its a rivalry.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
No rivalry between hockey fans in South Florida?

Come on, we all know the reason why. I went to a Tampa game once, and many fans around me had no clue why whistles kept getting blown.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
No rivalry between hockey fans in South Florida?

Come on, we all know the reason why. I went to a Tampa game once, and many fans around me had no clue why whistles kept getting blown.

To be fair, were far from a hockey haven in Tampa, but come to a game of ours some time. You will see a very spirited crowd. We kind of turned Tampa into a Hockey Oasis in the middle of a hockey dead zone that is Florida. Usually people that legitimately believe we have attendance problems have no clue as to the culture and team identity that the Bolts have. They won't ever compete with the Buc's as far as the following goes. Same reason why the Blue Jay's won't ever compete with the Leafs. It doesn't mean we don't have a loyal fan base. My father is from Canada, without that bloodline I might not have become a hockey fan. Instead we moved here right when the Lightning broke into the league (Same time as you.) and I was sucked in. Ever since then I have actually converted quite a few people to become Bolts fans.

Creating a fan base is a process, not one that can happen over night. Were not going to compete with the hotbed of Canada, so stop expecting us too. If you think we should, then we should contract the league back down to six teams already.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. Wish you well sens!

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
My brother is actually a die hard tbay fan. We get along quite well and go to a game at least once a year between the two.

Good luck to them bolts!

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
To be fair, were far from a hockey haven in Tampa, but come to a game of ours some time. You will see a very spirited crowd. We kind of turned Tampa into a Hockey Oasis in the middle of a hockey dead zone that is Florida. Usually people that legitimately believe we have attendance problems have no clue as to the culture and team identity that the Bolts have. They won't ever compete with the Buc's as far as the following goes. Same reason why the Blue Jay's won't ever compete with the Leafs. It doesn't mean we don't have a loyal fan base. My father is from Canada, without that bloodline I might not have become a hockey fan. Instead we moved here right when the Lightning broke into the league (Same time as you.) and I was sucked in. Ever since then I have actually converted quite a few people to become Bolts fans.

Creating a fan base is a process, not one that can happen over night. Were not going to compete with the hotbed of Canada, so stop expecting us too. If you think we should, then we should contract the league back down to six teams already.

Not hijacking at all, it is great to read thoughtful posts.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Well, considering this thread is about your game today, I wouldn't exactly say hijacked.

I was in Tampa at this time last year. What a great place. The Forum is on the water, Clearwater and Ft. DeSoto right around the corner, plus all the Grapefruit League ball with the Jays in Dunedin.. ahh it's great.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just troll, and laugh my ass off to the reactions. Too much fun.

My brother is actually a die hard tbay fan. We get along quite well and go to a game at least once a year between the two.

Good luck to them bolts!

You might think it is funny, but i seriously can't stand trolling.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This Tampa win feels like two free points for us.

About time some teams helped us a bit. Feels like we should already be in a spot.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm done for the day, I don't care. People will forget about me by next weekend so I'll be good to go.

Rinse and repeat as they say.

To be honest, I would have responded in this thread but I had no idea who you were to begin with. When I checked your posting history I discovered you are a poster here, but I didn't make any type of connection. So I think you are 100% right in what you are saying here.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Maybe he thinks mods can only go on their own board. :laugh:

I hear Choco is day to day after his laser eye surgery. He forgot the eye drops.

giphy.gif

This Tampa win feels like two free points for us.

About time some teams helped us a bit. Feels like we should already be in a spot.

I know what you mean. We caught an awesome break. Fingers crossed we can capitalize tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad