Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
BiDwexM.jpg

kolider

Aug 3, 2005
Ottawa
Excellent idea for a thread! One thing though, I am confused by the Win-Lose headers as it looks like it Boston loses our chances drop. I know that is not the case but it just reads strange.

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Just to clear up any confusion, it's all based on Ottawa's percentages. The negative percentages on Boston's logo is if Tampa loses, and what that does to the Sens' chance of making the final Wild Card spot.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Boston media reporting that Hamilton is out with a significant shoulder injury. That could be the end of his season, huge for our run.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bolts fan coming in peace. Love the thread. We'll do it for our SensBros

You better, or i am going to drive all the way to Tampa and give every Bolts players a wet willy and a wedgie. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't honestly get sportsclubstats. They give Florida a 3.4% chance of making the playoffs even though they are only 3 points away from Ottawa and 4 points away from Boston.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't honestly get sportsclubstats. They give Florida a 3.4% chance of making the playoffs even though they are only 3 points away from Ottawa and 4 points away from Boston.

That's how hard it is to make up ground this time of year. We have a game in hand on Florida, they are 3 points back of us, both Ottawa and Boston have significantly more ROW's, and hopping two teams (Ott and Bos) would be quite a feat to get themselves into the playoffs. The odds are literally stacked against the Panthers.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I think it has to do with (in no particular order):

1. No games in hand against Boston, -1 against Ottawa
2. Can't surpass either Boston or Ottawa off head to heads
3. Almost impossible to catch up in ROW
4. Only 10 games left
5. -20 goal differential

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa

4. Only 10 games left
5. -20 goal differential

Nicely put - accurate.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

4. Only 10 games left
5. -20 goal differential

Well i guess it makes sense if they include all of these factors in their percentages.

SoCalSens

Mar 18, 2015
Barely any odds change with a Detroit loss today. I guess under their model we have very little chance of catching them. IMO catching Detroit is doable.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Barely any odds change with a Detroit loss today. I guess under their model we have very little chance of catching them. IMO catching Detroit is doable.

Agreed. If stl holds on and wins in regulation we are 4 back with an even number of games. Det is also on slide at 2-6-0 in last 8 plus we still play them once more.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.

St. Louis up 1-0 after the 2nd. If it stays that way it will put us four points back with both teams having eleven games left. Very doable if we can keep this up.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

We can not catch them and make the playoffs. Making the playoffs has almost nothing to do with catching them at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad