Speculation: Who Stays & Who Goes?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Who cares? It's not like he lives in or cares about Edmonton. He made an impotent threat to move the team to Seattle because it didn't look like he'd get his way. Wouldn't be hard to find a billionaire with as much investment in the City as Katz.

Do you have this billionaires name?

It is easier said than done to get a new owner for the oilers

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Do you have this billionaires name?

It is easier said than done to get a new owner for the oilers

It could be someone like Jack Ma and they would be an upgrade on Katz. He blew all his money on the sycophant OBC and replaced them with Chiarelli. How could it be worse?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Its more teams than ever in this leauge. And better proscuoting than ever. And it results in even good players get overpaid, letting teams with no capspace as Oilers left alone with the rests. Once cap is in the room, Holland will probably get better finds than Granlund, Archibald, Sheahan, Jurco thats costs just 1$.

Im glad that someone actually mention that Archibald is let to stay. One of the new is actually a keeper. Other than the eurofinds.

I want to keep
McDavid
Draisaitl
Haas
Nygård - he can grow, and find his nische after a though year
Archibald - He can fight in the bottom
Kassian - if he can keep is spirit, even when he ages.
Prussell - He is actually a useful player, but ofC he is replaceable.

Klefbom
Nurse
Bear
Persson

Maybes
Nuge if he resigns at a discount, otherwise use him wisely in a trade.
Neal - He does some good things, and to be honest, he is here because he isnt Lucic. But he know how to play around the net. He scores some goals, Third best on the team.
His Cap is Yikes though. I think he is tradeable, after what he has shown. But we will see
Sheahan - Not bad, not good.
Jurco - I want to belive he is a player somewhere.
Cave -Well, hes cheap.

Trade
Chiasson - He actually produces a bit, but he is not a fit for the team. Not good enough for top 6, not a fit, not useful in the bottom 6. Hes now in the lineup, cause size.
Gagner - Its the end of the tunnel for him
Granlund - Not a problem, nor a solution
Khaira - Other teams want him, so we can trade him and get something
Puljujärvi - the obvious.
Larsson - He needs to move on
Krussell - We can offload him somewhere for something. Free up cap.

Needs to add : 6- 7 New forwards, and 3 new defenders. 1 more goalie.

Holland got some work to do.

Some of the fill ins could be : Benson, Bouchard, Currie, Gambardella, Samorukov.
But its just Benson and Bouchard I see more than a 7 defender or a 13 - 14 th forward.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
If he sells who has the pockets to buy the team?

nobody! and despite a few who might say we'd be better off with the team not here, i'd still rather it be here than not but it truly does start at the top! now Katz lately has had to overcome a serious health issue that could have killed him so i can forgive his absentee ownership the last few years but during his ownership this team has been a disaster with no end in sight
and he has absolutely been part of the problem with his love of hiring Old Boys Club members who are not competent at the job they were given and other failed hires like Chia and mountains of coaching staff that the players have had a history of not listening to! yet now Bob Nicholson still has a job!! i could go on forever about this dysfunctional franchise but you get the point and already know most of this! o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad