Who sits when Laine plays?

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Is it Robinson? I was thinking Robinson but torts loves him and he's been flashing recently.

Is it Nash? Hes been ok i guess but everyone else offers more offensive upside. Good at draws and defensive zone time. Think koviu make him replaceable. Sad we had to pay him after one positive offensive anomaly. Hes had min with multiple lines and never stands out to me.

Grigorenko? Doubtful, hes had good min here and there. Just needs to get one In. He has scoring chances every game.

Is it Foudy? Why stunt your first round pics growth. Hes been good with the min hes had. Tortz loves speed

Thoughts guys? Good problem to have tho. Puts pressure on guys to step up or sit! Competition is great for success!

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Definitely should be Grigorenko and in fact I'd put money on that. No way Robinson should/will sit. Our most effective player last night and his speed is so dangerous. Nash is redundant but Torts still throws him out there late in games. Grigo for sure, Laine going on Domi's line.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Easy choice ... Nash ... also someone else needs to sit when Stenlund is healthy. Kid has 1g 1a in 2 games ... maybe Grigs. Nash has played 9 games has 1 point .. Grigs has 2 points in 9 games . People that produce play .. or competition your selling the players mean nothing . Torts has already seemed to bail already once again , on the more open offensive system , so at minimum you better be playing players that are producing

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Listening to Torts post game last night, it certainly isn’t Robinson.

Which means it’s either Nash or Grigorenko. I would likely lean Grigorenko because Nash actually gets special teams time. Also a contender but less likely is Cam.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Icetime per game for forwards:

1) Bjork
2) Tex
3) Jenner
4) Foligno
5) Atkinson
6) Domi
7) Grigorenko
8) Roslovic
9) Foudy
10) Nash
11) Koivu
12) Stenlund
13) Bemstrom
14) Robinson
15) Gerbe

That being said I think Torts may be happy sticking with the 4th line as is and freeing up a slot in the top 9. My guess today would be Grigorenko, but my pick would be Nash.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
We have points in SEVEN games in a row. We are on a roll...why would Torts ever mess with that kind of team chemistry> Especially for some guy named Lanie?

My buddy dated a girl named Lanie, he was incredibly broken up when she dumped him!

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
We have points in SEVEN games in a row. We are on a roll...why would Torts ever mess with that kind of team chemistry> Especially for some guy named Lanie?

My buddy dated a girl named Lanie, he was incredibly broken up when she dumped him!

Did he get a Christmas card from Laine?

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
look at the schedule, I would say the best is some kind of rotation, so that the team can totally be more fresh and have more energy, when they play.
It would probably be difficult to rest some of the best players, but I think that both the Foudy and Robinson could benefit some level of rotation. That could however also could for older men like Nash and Koivu.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I would rather keep Grigs in, need more skilled guys in there

He brings nothing on the 4th line. He’s be a square peg with Robinson and Koivu. But I wouldn’t mind it myself, but I bet Nash stays in

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He brings nothing on the 4th line. He’s be a square peg with Robinson and Koivu. But I wouldn’t mind it myself, but I bet Nash stays in

What are the characteristics of Robinson and Koivu that make you think Grigorenko would be a poor fit there? Have a look at the goal that Grigorenko and Stenlund put together and tell me what is different about it in terms of skillset from what Robinson and Koivu did on Koivu's goal.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Id say Grigs because Torts probably loves that 4th line. That said Grigs has looked better with Domi so im not confident in that guess

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What are the characteristics of Robinson and Koivu that make you think Grigorenko would be a poor fit there? Have a look at the goal that Grigorenko and Stenlund put together and tell me what is different about it in terms of skillset from what Robinson and Koivu did on Koivu's goal.

I said it could work, I just think Nash is a more natural position for that role since he's defensively sound and reliable. He's also the only right handed shot on the line, assuming Stenlund stays out. Grigorenko would provide some offensive punch but would be be able to supply it in 12 minutes of ice time with one forward who can keep up with him with little to no offensive upside, and a center who will trail the play?

If we're going off talent, then obviously Nash would sit. But given how Nash plays PK minutes and can play center, I think Grigorenko will be the guy.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Nash, Jenner, Koivu, Dubinsky redundant?!? Or, natural center ice men??

Give Nash the PP time given to Stenlund and he’ll look just as good.

Redundant = Doing things that other players you are competing for ice time with, can’t do?? :skeptic:

(only the response by Chara is easy to find)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad