Prospect Info: Who should the Jets draft? COVID edition

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Anyone feel that Chevy saying they take BPA makes it seem like he's not going to take a centre. Cause we all know that's their biggest need. Sounds a bit to me like he's targeting Sanderson and/or a great winger at 10. Maybe I read a bit too much into his comment....

It means that when he takes a centre he will to claim he was taking BPA. He doesn't want to be accused of drafting for position.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Anyone feel that Chevy saying they take BPA makes it seem like he's not going to take a centre. Cause we all know that's their biggest need. Sounds a bit to me like he's targeting Sanderson and/or a great winger at 10. Maybe I read a bit too much into his comment....
I get that sense as well. Sanderson, Jarvis, Holtz, Raymond and Quinn each play a position where we have tons of depth. Chevy could see any one of them as BPA.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Watch Quinn’s highlights on YouTube and watch the number of easy open net tap in goals Or puck put on his tape in the slot all alone he scores and you will see how dynamic Rossi is. Rossi is also a beast in the weight room. He is not the second coming of Petan. If available Jets should seriously consider him. I would love to see them get Rossi and Jarvis some way some how...
The large majority of Quinn's goals were without Rossi on the ice, especially at even-strength where Quinn was one of the top goal-scorers.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
watch Quinn on YouTube I don’t know who set him up but tap in’s and goals open in the slot is most of whT I saw.

He gets a large amount of his goals scoring off the rush. He has decent hands and can score from in tight well. Whether that will translate to the NHL remains to be seen. Goalies in the OHL were pretty putrid last year. Though that is usually the case, they rarely pump out starters. Binnington is the best they've had in a long time.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
GM Kevin Cheveldayoff reflects on day 1 of 2020 NHL Draft

Topics:

1. Getting Cole Perfetti
2. The buzz on Perfetti and his comparison to Nikita Kucherov by a coach of his in Saginaw.
3. What the conversation were like about Perfetti with the scouts?
4. What the Jets night looks like ahead of day 2.
5. The significance of having Crytal Hawerchuk involved in making the pick?
6. What does it mean to add a top end talent down the middle and what does he need to do to make it difficult for the Jets to not keep him around?
7. The grouping of players at 10.
8. The level of maturity of Perfetti.
9. Would Perfetti have been inside his top 5 of his draft list?
10. Does pick 40 give them an opportunity to get more picks?
11. Any parallels to be drawn between Mark Scheifele and Cole Perfetti?
12. On the difficulty of the current pandemic and how it would impact Perfetti potentially making the Jets.
13. How different the doing the draft in this manner.
14. Will the lack of interaction on the draft floor impact ability to make deals?
15. What does it say about selecting players who are accomplished off the ice (i.e. scholastic player of the year).

To listen click here.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Well I was half-right here. I picked Zary pretty early in the game, clearly thinking we'd win a round in the playins, trade down twice, add two 3rd round picks, then select Connor.

Had I known we'd lose the playin, I probably would have said a falling Perfetti.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad