Speculation: Who should the Isles pursue this offseason and what should we give up for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Title says it all. Spots I personally think we need to fill: backup goalie, scoring LW for Tavares, 3rd pairing D man, someone with size up front. The most important IMO is a sniper for Tavares. Players I'd be willing to trade (assuming we can fill their positions or we don't have a need for them anymore): deHaan, Reinhart, Nelson, Bailey, Nielson, Hickey, Strait, Donovan, Grabner. I wouldn't touch MDC, Pulock or Mayfield right now.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Title says it all. Spots I personally think we need to fill: backup goalie, scoring LW for Tavares, 3rd pairing D man, someone with size up front. The most important IMO is a sniper for Tavares. Players I'd be willing to trade (assuming we can fill their positions or we don't have a need for them anymore): deHaan, Reinhart, Nelson, Bailey, Nielson, Hickey, Strait, Donovan, Grabner. I wouldn't touch MDC, Pulock or Mayfield right now.

This team needs a minor touch up, they took Washington to 7 games with Hamonic out the whole series, don't underestimate his value.

With that being said, I just sign Ribeiro and find homes for Grabner and Grabovski

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Geez, i really dint expect these threads so soon. may as well have missed the playoffs at this point. 1st round exit feels the same.

1. All new coaching staff
2. 1b for a backup goalie
3. Stud Winger

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
I've been clamoring for Clitsome. Never was any good at trade proposals though.

scott99

May 13, 2005

I'd like Petry on defense, probably the best FA dman. I would like to see Pulock make the team out of camp, he can help run the PP, as well as Mayfield, love his size and grit.

Boychuck-Leddy
Hamonic- De-haan (yuck)
Pulock- Petry
Mayfield.

Mayfield replaces De Haan if he sucks again.

Then any gritty forward that is available that can also score, and obviously a goalie who can take over for Halak if he ***** the bed.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Geez, i really dint expect these threads so soon. may as well have missed the playoffs at this point. 1st round exit feels the same.

1. All new coaching staff
2. 1b for a backup goalie
3. Stud Winger

1 is obvious, but it ain't gonna happen. Game 6 might have saved Cappy.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I've said it in other threads but I'd absolutely love to get Taylor Hall. Edm needs defense and we have that. I'd send Reinhart+ over there for him. He would bring speed to the first line and can actually bury some chances from JT since no one else can do that apparently.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I've said it in other threads but I'd absolutely love to get Taylor Hall. Edm needs defense and we have that. I'd send Reinhart+ over there for him. He would bring speed to the first line and can actually bury some chances from JT since no one else can do that apparently.

Going to take sending 3 assets of importance to get Hall, while Dal Colle is a year away

scott99

May 13, 2005

I think this would be a good move, especially since Mayfield looked pretty solid, may not need Reinhart. Reinhart/Nelson for Hall. Hall would look great with JT.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Mayfield should be on the bottom pairing next year.

I think we have some good solutions in house. If we pursue anything it should be a seasoned coaching staff with some brains.

Definitely don't need any forwards. If we trade we should be targeting a skilled D-Man. Oh yeah, I'm done with Hickey.

Could part with: Grabner, Hickey, Kennedy , Vis (unfortunately), Strait. Not getting a haul for any combination of these names. If Vis can even play, I dont think we'll pay him that kind of $, he's simply injured the majority of the season.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Wouldn't mind Neuvirth back as the backup.

On defense, guys I like are Cody Franson, Francois Beauchemin, and Barret Jackman. Franson is going to get PAID this offseason however. Get one of those guys and I'd like to think one of Mayfield/Pulock/Reinhart will be ready for a full season.

For forwards, I think a trade is going to have to happen. A bit of a logjam in the bottom 9. Maybe call up Chicago for a cap casualty again in the form of Patrick Sharp, or have Garth swing for the fences and get Brandon Saad.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Going to take sending 3 assets of importance to get Hall, while Dal Colle is a year away

Reinhart, DeHann, + forward and maybe a pick (not sure what we have honestly) would be fair I think. We have plenty coming off of our payroll that we could afford Hall as well. If Edm ever wants to be competitive they're going to have to part with some of those 1st round picks in order to fill their back end. Not a lot of teams can afford them though, which leaves us in a good position.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Reinhart, DeHann, + forward and maybe a pick (not sure what we have honestly) would be fair I think. We have plenty coming off of our payroll that we could afford Hall as well. If Edm ever wants to be competitive they're going to have to part with some of those 1st round picks in order to fill their back end. Not a lot of teams can afford them though, which leaves us in a good position.

Edmonton is going to puke at that package, DeHaan is perceived as a 5/6 at best around the league, I mean Isles bench him for Strait. Reinhart is a 15 point a year dman, may shut people down like Langway at some point in his life or he could be just another low output, mediocre stay at home dman, but his value is not going to be much

Package for Hall will have to be Okposo, Lee and Reinhart, and that don't work in my book

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
FA wont sign here.....the scoreboard is not at the center, theres bad seats and per Vanek "Brooklynn scares players"

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It all starts with getting bigger, and meaner. Washington should have been no worse than a 6 game because we have more skill than they do, but we lack the ability to play through them when it is needed.

I need to look at who may be available in the summer before I can tell you who needs to come in, but in general I can tell you that 2 or 3 of our top 9 need to be replaced with grittier talent. We also need a real shutdown center who weighs more than kleenex. Another need is bigger defense. I think Mayfield just played himself onto the club so that is one. Can Griff or Pulock do the same?

I expect Grabner to go.

And then there is coaching. 90% of us know what needs to happen here.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
1-An NHL Coach Instead Of A Hanna Barbarian
2-Winger For JT.
3-Lose A Few Smurfs an Get A Big Defensive D-Man

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
It all starts with getting bigger, and meaner. Washington should have been no worse than a 6 game because we have more skill than they do, but we lack the ability to play through them when it is needed.

I need to look at who may be available in the summer before I can tell you who needs to come in, but in general I can tell you that 2 or 3 of our top 9 need to be replaced with grittier talent. We also need a real shutdown center who weighs more than kleenex. Another need is bigger defense. I think Mayfield just played himself onto the club so that is one. Can Griff or Pulock do the same?

I expect Grabner to go.

And then there is coaching. 90% of us know what needs to happen here.

I said this earlier in the season...Snow should go for Shawn Matthias...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Edmonton is going to puke at that package, DeHaan is perceived as a 5/6 at best around the league, I mean Isles bench him for Strait. Reinhart is a 15 point a year dman, may shut people down like Langway at some point in his life or he could be just another low output, mediocre stay at home dman, but his value is not going to be much

Package for Hall will have to be Okposo, Lee and Reinhart, and that don't work in my book

They aren't looking for an offensive dman they're looking for a steady shut down dman that can run their blueline. That's what Reinhart is projected to be once he has enough time to develop and his value is still high. They won't care if he's putting up points.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Mayfield should be on the bottom pairing next year.

I think we have some good solutions in house. If we pursue anything it should be a seasoned coaching staff with some brains.

Definitely don't need any forwards. If we trade we should be targeting a skilled D-Man. Oh yeah, I'm done with Hickey.

Could part with: Grabner, Hickey, Kennedy , Vis (unfortunately), Strait. Not getting a haul for any combination of these names. If Vis can even play, I dont think we'll pay him that kind of $, he's simply injured the majority of the season.

That little dude played over 20 mins a night in a series that produced 630 hits... and he was a +5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad