Speculation: Who should the Canucks trade for Drouin

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
That's absurd. Why would we give up our 1st when we're sliding closer to it being a lottery pick? Drouin has proven nothing and you're essentially gifting Tampa a complete redo on what right now is looking to be a failed pick for them. If we were playoff bound, then maybe I would be more inclined to move our 1st. As it stands now. Not a chance in hell.

Shinkaruk + 2nd + Vrbata

If that's not enough, so be it.

I would argue that the Canucks will likely finish in the 22-27 range as opposed to 28-30.

Drouin seems like he's an extremely talented enigma with possible attitude issues. You know who else fit that description? Todd Bertuzzi.

Normally, I'm not a fan of trading for young kids that have requested to be traded so early on in their careers, but Drouin's advanced stats are extremely good.......and it might be more of an indication that he's in a bad environment as opposed to his attitude being bad. Stamkos also doesn't seem all that happy in Tampa, and so it certainly could be the environment.

One thing I like about Drouin is that he's already 20, and could be much closer to hitting his stride than an 18 year old. Given that our current best young players (Horvat, Hutton, Baertschi, etc.) are in that age range, I think it gives the Canucks a potentially stronger opportunity for their next core to reach their peak faster.

p.s.____________I was originally on board with moving McCann/1st for Drouin, but I've had a change of heart. I like the idea of keeping McCann.

Shinks/Vrbata/2016 1st/2016 2nd would be my offer for Drouin. If that deal is too lopsided for Tampa, they can add something on their end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad