Speculation: Who should the Canucks trade for Drouin

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Well, since some people think Miller, Sbisa and Dorsett are all valuable contributors, I think we should offer them the comprehensive mentorpede package.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Gotta look at what Tampa needs.

1) Cap space to sign Stamkos

2) A young scoring winger in return

3) A top 4 defenseman

I suggested on the main boards trading:

Hamhuis @ 50% + Vrbata @ 50% + Shinkaruk for Drouin + Carle

2 rentals who can help them now + a scoring winger current AHL allstar.

They get rid of a bad contract and they also free up enough capspace to sign stamkos in the future.

To me it's a win-win

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
We will probably have to send all star Dorsett, Sbisa and well liked teammates Prust to complete the deal. Most likely WD says no. Seriously though, we do not have the asset to acquire him.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Gotta look at what Tampa needs.

1) Cap space to sign Stamkos

2) A young scoring winger in return

3) A top 4 defenseman

I suggested on the main boards trading:

Hamhuis @ 50% + Vrbata @ 50% + Shinkaruk for Drouin + Carle

2 rentals who can help them now + a scoring winger current AHL allstar.

They get rid of a bad contract and they also free up enough capspace to sign stamkos in the future.

To me it's a win-win

Change Shinkaruk to Cassels/Lesser prospect and I'd do it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
at this point im not entirely sure if getting JD is the best of ideas, unless if we can pull of a complete steal of a deal, which I seriously doubt we can with Jimmy at the helm.

the stunt JD pulled shows that he's got a sense of entitlement taller than the Dubai tower, I feel that he's gonna become an absolute cancer in the locker room.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Well you can never have too much great goaltending, or grit and veteran leadership, as well as toughness and net front scrum presence.

I'd offer a elite package of the following

Ryan Miller
Brandon prust
Luca Sbisa
And a 2017 3rd

For

Drouin

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I doubt they would bite for a lesser prospect.

Then I just don't see the point in us making the trade cause it won't be worth it.

You can MAYBE fetch a 1st each for Hamhuis and Vrbata. Then throw in Shinkaruk who's tracking temendously well in the AHL and it's too much. At most it would be Shinkaruk+two 1sts and that's too much for Drouin who seems to have a bit of attitude issues:laugh:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Then I just don't see the point in us making the trade cause it won't be worth it.

You can MAYBE fetch a 1st each for Hamhuis and Vrbata. Then throw in Shinkaruk who's tracking temendously well in the AHL and it's too much. At most it would be Shinkaruk+two 1sts and that's too much for Drouin who seems to have a bit of attitude issues:laugh:

Drouin is in the exact same position Baertchi was in. I guess that means Baertschi has attitude issues too.

I like Shinkaruk BTW, I've defended him but I think Drouin is just like 2 tiers above him ATM.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
He's a talented player, but I'm not sure I'd give up much for a player who has displayed such selfishness and a sense of entitlement. With our history with Hodgson and Kassian, I'd let someone else take that chance.

^^ Baertschi never publicly demanded a trade or refused to report AFAIK.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Drouin is in the exact same position Baertchi was in. I guess that means Baertschi has attitude issues too.

I like Shinkaruk BTW, I've defended him but I think Drouin is just like 2 tiers above him ATM.

Fair enough. I'm not against trading Shinkaruk it's just that adding Hamhuis and Vrbata both @50% while taking Carle back is way too much.

Btw Baertschi never demanded a trade publicly or got suspended but his team..

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
We have a good room and good leadership.

I am sure we can get to Drouin.

They certainly didn't get to Hodgson.

Not to mention that was in a period of stability and winning environment.

With the mess this team is in right now and all the mentorpedes crawling around, it'd be reasonable to assume it's even harder to positively change Drouin.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not sure the "Nucks should even go after Drouin....guy is after all on an entry level contract; is only 20 and has essentially quit on his team....and hasn't proven anything in the NHL and wasn't even lighting it up in AHL...just imagine the furor if for example Bo Horvat and his agent were to pull the same stunt in Vancouver.....what they'd have to give up for Drouin would far outweigh the benefits imo

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Vancouver is also a far away market that Drouin wont damage if traded here.

Burrows Vrbata Hamhuis for Drouin

Edit - Contract is signed

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
They certainly didn't get to Hodgson.

Not to mention that was in a period of stability and winning environment.

With the mess this team is in right now and all the mentorpedes crawling around, it'd be reasonable to assume it's even harder to positively change Drouin.

The team is a whole lot older. Plus he'll get plenty of opportunity here unlike Hodgson did.

Plus I severely doubt that Drouin's attitude issues are that bad. I would have done the same ****.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Not sure the "Nucks should even go after Drouin....guy is after all on an entry level contract; is only 20 and has essentially quit on his team....and hasn't proven anything in the NHL and wasn't even lighting it up in AHL...just imagine the furor if for example Bo Horvat and his agent were to pull the same stunt in Vancouver.....what they'd have to give up for Drouin would far outweigh the benefits imo

The fact that Drouin is how you've described is why he wouldn't fetch nearly what he would have before. At this point, if you can trade him for a package with Hamhuis (UFA), Vrbata (UFA) and Shinkaruk... you take that trade a run. A trio of Drouin, Horvat, and McCann as our Centre depth going into the future looks very good in the coming years.

There has got to be something in Tampa that is pushing all their players to leave. St. Louis, Stamkos (possibly), and now Drouin? Something just doesn't sound right when you get 3 big name guys who seemingly all want to leave.

The only thing that would make me hesitate is whether or not we could get a 1st for each Hamhuis and Vrbata at the trade deadline. Do you want 2 mid-late 1st rounders and Shinkaruk... or Drouin. I'd be happy with either if we could get those 1sts.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad