Who should the Canadiens draft this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I was wondering which players will be still avalaible when Montreal drafts and who do you think they should draft in the 1st round, 3rd round, 4rd round, 5rd round, etc.

Thanks in advance

MillerTime

Apr 27, 2003
Halifax
How do you even know when Montreal is gonna draft...for all you know they can trade some of their picks on draft day???This thread makes no sense
sorry pal

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wojtek Wolski. Big Forward who can score. What the team's has been looking for for years. I say trade up; the system is well stocked with elements that can be moved.

Wolski not available? Robbie Schremp. Highly crafty centre. He will eventualy mature.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
MillerTime said:
How do you even know when Montreal is gonna draft...for all you know they can trade some of their picks on draft day???This thread makes no sense
sorry pal

You don't know where there going to pick, but that doesn't meen you can't speculate about who in the draft might fit there needs. It's all speculatuion at this point, but it's fun to speculate, infact a good deal of this message board consists mainly of teams speculating where players are gonna go and what teams need most. It's not entirly logical, but since when do online messagw boards speculizing in under 20 year old, unproven hockey players have to be logical? It's no reason to jump down someone's throat.

MillerTime

Apr 27, 2003
Halifax
I wasnt trying to jump down the guys throat..and ya its fun to speculate when you have an idea of where you are what you can do?...In this case you dont have a clue...You could say maybe the 20th or so pick, but for all you know Gainey trades it away or somehting..it just makes no sense to me..but dont let me stop you

how about Ovechkin I say you draft him :D

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Carbonneau said:
Jonas Fransson

It's Johan Fransson :)
There is however a quite talented Swedish goalie named Jonas Fransson although I highly doubt he'll ever reach the NHL :rolly:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
MillerTime said:
I wasnt trying to jump down the guys throat..and ya its fun to speculate when you have an idea of where you are what you can do?...In this case you dont have a clue...You could say maybe the 20th or so pick, but for all you know Gainey trades it away or somehting..it just makes no sense to me..but dont let me stop you

Habs won't go much lower cause of the teams close to them in terms of points. As of today the Habs would draft 19th, but could slide as low as 17th barring a total colapse. The problem is how high they will go as there are several teams right around them. I'd say the Habs will draft 22nd give or take. They have 9 picks, 1st, 3rd, 3rd (sharks), 4th (Hawks), 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th.

Who will they take with the 1st? Fransson, Valabik, Graham, Picard, Bolland, are just a few of the guys Savard and Timmins could be interested in.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
MillerTime said:

Well, i'm not a habs fan, so i personally don't care who they draft (i'm actually a ranger's fan so we just might have an outside at Ovechkin :).)
Yeah, we don't know where the habs are gonna draft, but once you get past the top ten we're not really sure where players are gonna go. So i don't see how it's pointless to speculate about any of those players. And it's true that gainey could trade the pick, but any GM could trade there pick, doesn't meen you can't talk about it.

Of course if my team was going to the playoffs i'd probably be more concerned about that right now than the draft.

Last edited:

dRock

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Anyone see much of Bruce Graham. I saw one game against the eagles and he scored both moncton goals on Fleury. Really big guy and seems to have a nice touch with the puck around the net.

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
dRock said:
Anyone see much of Bruce Graham. I saw one game against the eagles and he scored both moncton goals on Fleury. Really big guy and seems to have a nice touch with the puck around the net.

Bruce Graham is very talented, but they're are better players available before him.

Graham could be a great 2nd rd. pick if available

Fern

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Smid

I think they should go with this kid. He had a pretty good WJC tournament and he impressed me a lot the games I saw him play. Very skilled, he has a great set of hands and can carry the puck since he's skating very well. He reminds me a little bit of Roman Hamrlik.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Graham I think will be a top 15 pick.

Smid I wouldn't take, wasn't impressed with him in the wjc's, but that's only my opinion.

Picard I think will be taken around 20th-25th.

db23

Love to see the Habs get T.J. Hensick from the U. of Michigan. He is another Chris Higgins and will not be taken early because of his size. He is listed at 5-10, 180 at the moment, but he is a year younger than Higgins was when he was drafted. In the first year that Higgins was eligible (if he had opted in), he was listed at 5-10, 175, and was something like the 130th ranked N.A. prospect. Hensick has a lot of the same qualities as Chris and will mature to be about the same size.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
db23 said:
Love to see the Habs get T.J. Hensick from the U. of Michigan. He is another Chris Higgins and will not be taken early because of his size. He is listed at 5-10, 180 at the moment, but he is a year younger than Higgins was when he was drafted. In the first year that Higgins was eligible (if he had opted in), he was listed at 5-10, 175, and was something like the 130th ranked N.A. prospect. Hensick has a lot of the same qualities as Chris and will mature to be about the same size.

Hensick won't be in this draft unless the rule is changed. Unless he wants to leave Michigan.

db23

montreal said:
Hensick won't be in this draft unless the rule is changed. Unless he wants to leave Michigan.
Like to see them get him at some point in time. Hensick is the most underrated (by the CSB) player in their rankings. I think he will be a second round pick even though the CSB has him projected to go much later. The pick Montreal sent to the Rangers could turn out to be very expensive if Hensick is still on the board.

Everything is up in the air with the uncertainty of college eligibility requirements and the possibility of a work stoppage next year. I don't imagine any NCAA players would want to jeopardize their scholarships if there was no gaurantee of an NHL to look forward to.

Rather Gingerly 1*

I think there is a good chance Montreal may trade Ron Hainsey for another first round pick. He is not ready yet and has to be protected or go through waiver next year. It's either that or Montreal stands a good chance to lose him for nothing

Thomas

Jul 10, 2003
Waterloo
2minutes.proboards23.com
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
I think there is a good chance Montreal may trade Ron Hainsey for another first round pick. He is not ready yet and has to be protected or go through waiver next year. It's either that or Montreal stands a good chance to lose him for nothing

He may be given a 7th defenseman role, the same type of role Komisarek has this season. He will sit most of the games, but will fill in when defeseman get injured or need a break. Hes made the Habs out of camp twice now, so he may do it again, though he will be fighting Bouillon for that last spot on the left side of the third pairing. There is always a possiblity that him and/or Hossa get moved at the draft to move up or pick up another 1st rounder, but I dont see a very good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad