Who should the Canadiens draft this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well-its obvious the Habs will win the Cup this year--so don't plan on drafting anyone expected to go higher than #30.....

Rather Gingerly 1*

Any chance Columbus would go for this on draft day?

Hainsey and Michaud

for

Leclair and Columbus' #2 draft pick.

This gives us a legitimate #1 goalie prospect in the system and another pick to select a player like Wheeler.

db23

Rather Gingerly 1 said:

Hainsey and Michaud

for

This gives us a legitimate #1 goalie prospect in the system and another pick to select a player like Wheeler.

I wouldn't trade Michaud for Leclaire straight up. Leclaire is looking like a bit of a dud, and he makes a lot more money than Michaud. Michaud is a year younger and will ultimately be the better player, I think. Nor would I trade Ron Hainsey. Defencemen are the most valuable commodity, and it takes a few years for them to establixh themselves in the NHL. Given Montreal's drafting record, the likelyhood of them getting someone better than Hainsey with a second round pick is pretty remote.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rather Gingerly 1 said:

Hainsey and Michaud

for

Columbus would be stupid to do that trade, why on earth would they?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Columbus doesn't have a 2nd rounder anyways. And yes, Hainsey is not worth Leclaire. To the person who said they wouldn't trade Michaud for Leclaire straight up, I want some of that crack.

As for who they could draft, I'd suggest Evan McGrath, if he's available. He'd be a good option at center.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I'd like to see our Habs pick up Kyle Chipchura, a product of the WHL... He is playing for the prince albert raiders.

He is not going to be our leader offensively but we already have some potential homeruns offensively in Russians Perezhogin and Kastsitsyn. We also have some others good prospects in Hossa, Milroy, Locke, Urquhart, Plekanec...

But we lacks some size and leadership player...

Maxim Lapierre is one of them.. But we need a big one..

Kyle Chipchura is a proven leader, good in every aspect of the game. he get good size and he is can whatever you will ask him to do..

From our second pick (3rd pick), why not Joe Barnes. He is playing is the weaknest team in the Canadian hockey league I think.. He is playing with courage and he is 6'3 and over 200 pound..

We need toughness, leadership, size and intensity. We need to reaching a potential captain...

db23

ducksflytogether said:
Columbus doesn't have a 2nd rounder anyways. And yes, Hainsey is not worth Leclaire. To the person who said they wouldn't trade Michaud for Leclaire straight up, I want some of that crack.

As for who they could draft, I'd suggest Evan McGrath, if he's available. He'd be a good option at center.

Why? Michaud always put up better numbers in the Q, and in the AHL in limited action so far. He earns less than $500,000 per year. He is a year younger than Leclaire and a lot smarter. He won the CHL Scholastic award a couple of times. Plus Leclaire is butt ugly! He makes Maxime Oullette look like a movie star.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
db23 said:
Why? Michaud always put up better numbers in the Q, and in the AHL in limited action so far. He earns less than $500,000 per year. He is a year younger than Leclaire and a lot smarter. He won the CHL Scholastic award a couple of times. Plus Leclaire is butt ugly! He makes Maxime Oullette look like a movie star.

Michaud did put up a better GAA and played for a better junior team than Leclaire did but Leclaire did always have better save percentage than Michaud, hell he even has a better save percentage than Michaud this season in the AHL. Scholastic player of the year doesn't mean anything in terms of being a good hockey player. Sure it's great for Michaud that he gets good grades but shouldn't be used in an argument about who's better than who. It's almost as bad as you Leclaire being ugly argument.

Anyways the best prospect of the two is definitely Leclaire.

Sonik

Dec 5, 2003
Proud Habs Land
Visit site
TJF said:
Michaud did put up a better GAA and played for a better junior team than Leclaire did but Leclaire did always have better save percentage than Michaud, hell he even has a better save percentage than Michaud this season in the AHL. Scholastic player of the year doesn't mean anything in terms of being a good hockey player. Sure it's great for Michaud that he gets good grades but shouldn't be used in an argument about who's better than who. It's almost as bad as you Leclaire being ugly argument.

Anyways the best prospect of the two is definitely Leclaire.
Michaud was in my class during CEGEP, and believe me, scholastic award is just crap : he barely attended one third of all the classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->