Who SHOULD sit?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Krejci is back, both Campbell and Smith should sit, insert Ferlin. If no Krejci, I guess I sit Campbell.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Smith. Stop rewarding him for playing like ****. He should be sat for a game or two and then be put on the 4th line until he plays like a 2nd liner.

Paille isn't amazing anymore but he's a good 4th liner. Campbell isn't good by any means, but if you sit him, he's not going to improve. Smith is a young guy with a lot of potential, he's just crazy inconsistent. He has to stop being inconsistent.

We can't have players turning the puck over right in front of our net on the power play in the most important game of the season. He was one of our only players who could find the net in the playoffs last year... We need that Smith. Not this year's Smith

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Campbell needs to sit to protect Clode from himself. If Smith is in at least Clode is aware he sucks and will bench him or limit his minutes. As long as Campbell is in the lineup he will be rolled out for 11-14 minutes and in entirely inappropriate situations.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Smith needs to sit. He has been absolutely horrible.

At least Soup and Pie can kill penalties.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

But you still have Bergeron, Marchand, Kelly, Eriksson, Talbot, and Paille even if Campbell sits. Right now we have more penalty killers that can even fit into the three unit rotation. Why? There is absolutely no need to carry all of these players with the exact same skill set (Paille/Kelly/Campbell/Talbot).

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Smith.
Performance and to send a message.

Performance. I don't think that kind of message will work with a player who appears to lack mental & emotional resilience. Not a kind thing to say, but he's fragile.

Way too streaky to begin with, Smith has been protected by playing alongside Patrice, and is just not second line material. He was playing poorly before receiving the extension. If PC thought giving it to him would demonstrate confidence & result in a more secure RS improving his game, that clearly didn't happen. Julien has apparently done a lot of hand holding as well, to little avail.

That's why sitting him is the last resort.

As for Campbell & DP, good guys and once helpful cogs, they've unfortunately outlived their usefulness. That's been the case for two seasons now, and it's maddening & depressing to me that CJ continues to play them. I would move Kelly down to the fourth line and pair him with Ferlin & Talbot. Figure out the third line through various combos.

Last edited:

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
I'd like to see Campbell out and a 4th line of Paille- Kelly- Ferlin.
Smith, while struggling mightily, provides loads more offense then Greg ***** Campbell.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can I change my vote to anyone not named Bergeron, Marchand, Spooner, or Pasta? Everyone else needs to take a seat up on the 9th floor.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
The only way Greg Campbell will be scratched by Claude is if he's no longer available.

He should have been bought out in July, another Chiarelli failure.

2 more weeks and he's gone. It makes me smile.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm sure the popular choice would be Campbell but he can at least kill penalties. Right now, I think Smith needs to sit.

agreed. but smith can score and we need goals. put him on the fourth/third line and there is an off chance he could pot one, soups doesn't score much... that fourth line has also been brutal lately.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The only way Greg Campbell will be scratched by Claude is if he's no longer available.

He should have been bought out in July, another Chiarelli failure.

2 more weeks and he's gone. It makes me smile.

Him and Paille should of been Boston's compliance buyouts. Replace the two of them to start the season with Cunningham and Caron is about 1.8 mil cap savings, combine that with trading Bartowski for whatever and maybe Boychuk is still here at least for this season.

As it stands I can only hope Chia forces Claude's hand and he inserts Ferlin and Krejci into the line-up and gives Campbell and Paille permanent seats in the press-box for the remainder of the season, however long that might be, 2 weeks most likely.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Not sure. Probably a few guys in and out.

Smith is a one goal every 2 weeks and nothing else guy. Soupy is what he is, but can still chip in now and in the playoffs, and while Paille is stonehands, I want his speed/PK in.

But most importantly, Soda is going to have to go to wing. Spooner needs to play and a top 3 center spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad