Who should host Euro 2028: UK/Ireland, Turkey, or Russia?

Where do you want EURO 2028 to take place?

• UK/Ireland

• Russia

• Turkey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Turkey is one of the most major countries in soccer to never host a major tournament, would be about time.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
After the 2020 debacle I totally get that.

I have a mate who is a copper in London, he was on duty on the day of the final from 11am Sunday till 4am Monday. The Metropolitan Police were begging UEFA to move the kick-off from 8pm to earlier in the day, but the TV schedules were set in stone and they wouldn't budge.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I have a mate who is a copper in London, he was on duty on the day of the final from 11am Sunday till 4am Monday. The Metropolitan Police were begging UEFA to move the kick-off from 8pm to earlier in the day, but the TV schedules were set in stone and they wouldn't budge.

And it should be at 8 pm. It's a major final. Why should the whole world be inconvenienced because police in London is incapable of even basic crowd control?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
UK + Ireland will clearly win, especially that they dropped the bid for the 2030 WC

Turkey has been bidding for these tournaments for the last 20 years and they didn't even win the 2020 bid which had no real competition. I honestly think Russia probably would have had a decent chance had the war not started

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
And it should be at 8 pm. It's a major final. Why should the whole world be inconvenienced because police in London is incapable of even basic crowd control?

Oh, I agree that UEFA were well within their rights to say no, but it was a perfect storm of things to bring out the worst in the English - in a major final, at the end of a long unseasonably sunny summers day, at the end of months of lockdown. If you've never lived here, I can't emphasise enough how a hot summers day can turn half the country into an uncontrollable drunken mass. Its like a mass psychosis.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Oh, I agree that UEFA were well within their rights to say no, but it was a perfect storm of things to bring out the worst in the English - in a major final, at the end of a long unseasonably sunny summers day, at the end of months of lockdown. If you've never lived here, I can't emphasise enough how a hot summers day can turn half the country into an uncontrollable drunken mass. Its like a mass psychosis.
I think the issue most people have is that none of that seems especially difficult to anticipate and yet organizers and local authorities appeared to be caught entirely off-guard.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad