Who needs Patches? Price ties W Record.

Apr 6, 2011
Sportsnet is terrible. I watch RDS exclusively, best in the business right now if you don't pay attention to their intermission crew. The only thing worse than Sportsnet is TVA, and that's the only time I watch it in English is when the game is broadcast on TVA. It's pure trash. Felix Seguin is awful, just awful. The guy went from reporter to insider to broadcaster. Clearly knows someone important in the business as it's evident that he has no talent in his field.

Houde & Denis are the best combo by far. Bartlett's voice irritates me.

Felix is not that bad imo. I like him WAY better than Houde and Houde has 20x the experience.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
His playoffs have to finish.

I also don't know if we'll call up someone from Hamilton or not right away. They're right in the thick of the playoff race and it would be valuable for some of our kids to get playoff experience.

Thanks for info (appreciated), so...Scherbak and Hudon have to finish their junior and AHL playoffs before joining our Habs. (not sure how close Bulldogs are to a playoff spot? didn't check standing recently, my mistake ; but I'm pretty sure Scherbak's junior team will be IN playoffs, or did it already start! I have to check that out...).

Anyways...I get (totally get) that playoff experience (junior and/or AHL) is important for our Scherbak and Hudon, but IF (if) we were to get many injuries to our Habs' top 6-9 (all of a sudden...hypothetical)...we would still have to wait for Scherbak and Hudon to finish their playoffs??! I find this absurd. We should be able to use Scherbak and/or Hudon anytime, no?! (ex: emergency/many injuries to our top 6-9...all of a sudden)...imo...whether their playoffs are over or not...no? (emergency). Again...hypothetical: Price and Tokarski get injured...we cannot use Condon if he's in the middle of AHL playoffs...?? I would think (imagine) that we would be able to use him since it's an emergency situation, but that's not the way it works? (we'd be forced in using Fucale? if he's not in playoffs). Just curious about these rules...!!

Cheers!! (Go Habs Go!!).

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2014
Bergevin can call up Hudon at any time but Scherbak is in the chl so have to wait until his season is over.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin can call up Hudon at any time but Scherbak is in the chl so have to wait until his season is over.

Ok thanks. Cheers!

Hudon: playoffs or no playoffs...Habs can call him at any time. No waiting.

Scherbak: Habs have to wait till his playoffs are over...Habs have to wait.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Thanks! Cheers!

Ok, so...

Hudon: we can call him up anytime...no waiting for playoffs to be finished (playoffs or no playoffs for Bulldogs).

Scherbak: we have to wait until his junior playoffs are over to call him up with our Habs.

Good news on Hudon...we can call him up anytime!! no waiting until playoffs are over (playoffs or no playoffs).

Dec 8, 2014
And the roster is full at this moment, Weaver Malhotra Gonchar are the 3 healthy scratch.

Right now if we want to call up a player, Hudon for example, Hudon takes the injury reserve spot from Pacio or swap Hudon with a no-waiver player to the ahl like Pateryn? or De La Rose.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
And the roster is full at this moment, Weaver Malhotra Gonchar are the 3 healthy scratch.

Right now if we want to call up a player, Hudon for example, Hudon takes the injury reserve spot from Pacio or swap Hudon with a no-waiver player to the ahl like Pateryn? or De La Rose.

I don't think there is any roster limit post-deadline but there is still the salary cap.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Thanks! Cheers!

Ok, so...

Hudon: we can call him up anytime...no waiting for playoffs to be finished (playoffs or no playoffs for Bulldogs).

Scherbak: we have to wait until his junior playoffs are over to call him up with our Habs.

Good news on Hudon...we can call him up anytime!! no waiting until playoffs are over (playoffs or no playoffs).
Thing is... Bergevin probably will want to keep in Hamilton to help that team make the playoffs. Playoff experience for some of those kids would be huge.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Thing is... Bergevin probably will want to keep Hudon Hamilton to help that team make the playoffs. Playoff experience for some of those kids would be huge.

No argument from me about the benefits of playoff experience (AHL, junior,etc), but wanted to verify the rules...just to be sure (also mostly out of curiosity...in case of any emergencies...ex: many injuries to our top 6-9...all of a sudden). 'Cause if we really need Hudon, but he's in the middle of Rnd 1 (of the AHL playoffs) I would hope that we can still use him for our playoffs (Hab NHL playoffs)...if we really needed him.

With Nikita Scherbak it's different (from what I've gathered here)...even if we really really need Scherbak in our top 9 for playoffs (all of a sudden)...we cannot use him until his (junior) playoffs are over.

Right now I'm liking the fact that we can use Hudon at any time...AHL playoffs or no AHL playoffs.

IF Pacioretty needed 2-3 weeks (or more)...if, I'd bring in Hudon (no doubt) for some goals/offence for our top 6-9 since we don't have playoffs-Bourque anymore (8 goals last playoff season for us). Yup...I'm guilty!! (I miss playoffs-Bourque for that top 9 depth and Ryan ''old-school'' White).

Galchenyuk/Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon/Galchenyuk - DD - DSP/Weise
DLR - Eller - Weise/DSP
Prust - Mitchell - Flynn

Parenteau (playoff player?)
Bournival (speed)

p.s.: or you can switch Hudon with DLR?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad