Who Leads Us In Scoring This Season?

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if Karlsson can do the trifecta...goals, assists and points. It's not unfathomable.

With Karlsson I wouldn't rule anything out. However with a healthy Ryan *knocks on wood* practically booked for 30+ & MacA, Turris, Michalek and potentially Zibanejad and Chiasson all hovering around 20 I think it'd be far more likely that he racks up a ton of assists while pocketing the majority of his goals (likely also somewhere around 20) from the point on the PP.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
With Karlsson I wouldn't rule anything out. However with a healthy Ryan *knocks on wood* practically booked for 30+ & MacA, Turris, Michalek and potentially Zibanejad and Chiasson all hovering around 20 I think it'd be far more likely that he racks up a ton of assists while pocketing the majority of his goals (likely also somewhere around 20) from the point on the PP.

Yeah, I would imagine it'll be Ryan if he can stay healthy, but as you say, I wouldn't rule anything out for Karlsson. With Spezza gone, he might make a conscious effort to shoot more on the PP - and we all know what he can do when he has confidence in his shot.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dream scenario:

Karlsson leads the team with 80 points.
Zibby breaks through with 75 and becomes a legit 1st line C
Turris & Ryan both get 65

Would be amazing

Health and chemistry can certainly do that.

Karlsson, Turris and Ryan are already close to do that

Zibanejad has been a 40 pts pace forward at 19 & 20 y/o with 3rd line TOI and teammates most of the time, and on the Wing too (not his natural position)

I can certainly see him hit 60 pts with opportunity as soon as he breaks out. Not expecting 75 pts this year though, maybe in a year or two.

People don't see the potential of this team but I do, since I don't care that much about draft position. I mean :

- Drafted Karlsson 15th OA and he was voted 3rd OA in my polls on the main board
- Drafted Wiercioch 42th OA at and he is about to get voted as a late 1st in my polls on the main board. We all know Wiercioch is not progressing and could breakout
- Drafted Zack Smith 79th OA and he will be probably voted as an early 2nd in my polls on the main board
- Drafted Grant 119th OA and will probably be another solid bottom-6 player, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 69 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so probably in the 3rd round at worse.
- Drafted Borowiecki 139th OA and will probably be a solid 3rd pairing D-man, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 71 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so probably in the 3rd round at worse.

2008 draft basically : Top-3 pick, late 1st, early 2nd and two 3rd round picks

Anyone want to see 2009?

- Drafted Cowen 9th OA and he will finished 24th OA in my polls on the main board. Voted below his draft position, but that could change as soon as this year.
- Drafted Silfverberg 39th OA and was voted 21st OA in my polls on the main board. We used him as the main piece (~ 50% of value) to get Bobby Ryan, a player who was drafted 2nd OA 4 years earlier
- Drafted Lehner 46th OA and was voted 14th OA in my polls on the main board. Guy hasn't even finished to progress
- Drafted Wideman 100th OA and looks like he will be a journeymen D-man (ala Benoit), not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 81 players from that draft have played at least 1 NHL game, so it's a bit early to tell but my guess would be a 3rd rounder.
- Drafted Hoffman 130th OA, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 44 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so maybe even a 2nd rounder, depending on how he does this year...
- Drafted Sdao 191th OA, so we'll see, maybe another journeymen

2009 draft basically : 3 first round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd

2010 draft :

- only Mark Stone but will be a huge steal from his 178th OA position
- We also used our first to trade for Rundblad, up his value trememdously, then trade for Turris, who was a top-3 pick 3 years earlier. I dunno where Turris would be voted but probably top-10

So, for 2010 : a top-10 pick and another 1st rounder (we'll see how high Stone can reach)

2011 draft : too early to tell but Zibanejad, Noesen (used to get Bobby Ryan, 25% of value IMO), Puempel, Prince, Pageau, Claesson, McCormick and Dzingel, this draft looks freaking promising

Do I need to explain why I'm also very hopeful on guys like Ceci and Lazar (particularly if the Sens had them very high on their draft list)? As well as Wikstrand, Hogberg, Lindberg, Baillargeon, etc....

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Popped in and saw this thread and thought of a question.

Who are the forwards now that will play on the two PP units?

Turris, Ryan and MacArthur are pretty obvious, but which other players will see PP time?

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Zibanejad - KARLSSON

Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson/Stone

Wiercioch - KARLSSOn

Interesting. Didn't know Zbad played the point on the PP.

Thanks.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Health and chemistry can certainly do that.

Karlsson, Turris and Ryan are already close to do that

Zibanejad has been a 40 pts pace forward at 19 & 20 y/o with 3rd line TOI and teammates most of the time, and on the Wing too (not his natural position)

I can certainly see him hit 60 pts with opportunity as soon as he breaks out. Not expecting 75 pts this year though, maybe in a year or two.

People don't see the potential of this team but I do, since I don't care that much about draft position. I mean :

- Drafted Karlsson 15th OA and he was voted 3rd OA in my polls on the main board
- Drafted Wiercioch 42th OA at and he is about to get voted as a late 1st in my polls on the main board. We all know Wiercioch is not progressing and could breakout
- Drafted Zack Smith 79th OA and he will be probably voted as an early 2nd in my polls on the main board
- Drafted Grant 119th OA and will probably be another solid bottom-6 player, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 69 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so probably in the 3rd round at worse.
- Drafted Borowiecki 139th OA and will probably be a solid 3rd pairing D-man, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 71 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so probably in the 3rd round at worse.

2008 draft basically : Top-3 pick, late 1st, early 2nd and two 3rd round picks

Anyone want to see 2009?

- Drafted Cowen 9th OA and he will finished 24th OA in my polls on the main board. Voted below his draft position, but that could change as soon as this year.
- Drafted Silfverberg 39th OA and was voted 21st OA in my polls on the main board. We used him as the main piece (~ 50% of value) to get Bobby Ryan, a player who was drafted 2nd OA 4 years earlier
- Drafted Lehner 46th OA and was voted 14th OA in my polls on the main board. Guy hasn't even finished to progress
- Drafted Wideman 100th OA and looks like he will be a journeymen D-man (ala Benoit), not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 81 players from that draft have played at least 1 NHL game, so it's a bit early to tell but my guess would be a 3rd rounder.
- Drafted Hoffman 130th OA, not sure where he'd be voted but so far only 44 players from that draft have played more NHL games, so maybe even a 2nd rounder, depending on how he does this year...
- Drafted Sdao 191th OA, so we'll see, maybe another journeymen

2009 draft basically : 3 first round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd

2010 draft :

- only Mark Stone but will be a huge steal from his 178th OA position
- We also used our first to trade for Rundblad, up his value trememdously, then trade for Turris, who was a top-3 pick 3 years earlier. I dunno where Turris would be voted but probably top-10

So, for 2010 : a top-10 pick and another 1st rounder (we'll see how high Stone can reach)

2011 draft : too early to tell but Zibanejad, Noesen (used to get Bobby Ryan, 25% of value IMO), Puempel, Prince, Pageau, Claesson, McCormick and Dzingel, this draft looks freaking promising

Do I need to explain why I'm also very hopeful on guys like Ceci and Lazar (particularly if the Sens had them very high on their draft list)? As well as Wikstrand, Hogberg, Lindberg, Baillargeon, etc....

Yep, I'm definitely penciling in Zibby for 60 this year......as long as he doesn't get buried on the third line again. If he manages to get 1C time...or he and the Turris lines have equal time, he could hit 70. The kid definitely has the ability to have a Johansen-like breakout this year.

The kid is a beast....I really think in the next 2-3 years he'll hit (or exceed) 75-80 points and be that big, physical bull-in-a-chinashop power forward that people expected Rick Nash to be. The kid has all the tools, good hands and decent hockey sense to achieve it.

Just needs to get confidence in himself and put the pieces together.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
I'm thinking Turris hovers around 50-60 points this year. I love the guy, and can proudly admit he is my favourite player but I don't think he will pass 60, despite the opportunity that is in front of him this coming year.

Last 3 years he produced a PPG % of .59, .60 and .70(most recent year). Small sample size and it isn't a big reach for someone to argue that he could improve even more, but I feel kyle has shown he can be a more consistent player, as opposed to an "improving" player. Take that with a grain of salt, I'd love for him to improve his PPG, but I'm not necessarily expecting it.

I think Karl is a lock for most points, i'd take the over on 10.

Read somewhere in this thread that puts Bobby with the most goals, which I agree - assuming he is extended. If not, he won't have the opportunity to play the full 82.

At that point I'd give clarke or stone a real look(for leading goals), assuming they are playing the wing of Turris.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm thinking Turris hovers around 50-60 points this year. I love the guy, and can proudly admit he is my favourite player but I don't think he will pass 60, despite the opportunity that is in front of him this coming year.

Last 3 years he produced a PPG % of .59, .60 and .70(most recent year). Small sample size and it isn't a big reach for someone to argue that he could improve even more, but I feel kyle has shown he can be a more consistent player, as opposed to an "improving" player. Take that with a grain of salt, I'd love for him to improve his PPG, but I'm not necessarily expecting it.

I think Karl is a lock for most points, i'd take the over on 10.

Read somewhere in this thread that puts Bobby with the most goals, which I agree - assuming he is extended. If not, he won't have the opportunity to play the full 82.

At that point I'd give clarke or stone a real look(for leading goals), assuming they are playing the wing of Turris.

That's a fair assessment but Turris did that at 22, 23 & 24 y/o... For example, Phil Kessel wasn't really more than a 60 points player until he reached 24 y/o. Not saying that Turris will reach Kessel's level, but the point is that many players break out around 25 y/o

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Turris-60 pts
Zibanejad-60 pts
Ryan-65 pts
MacArthur- 55 pts
Michalek- 45 pts
Stone/Chiasson- 45 pts

That would be great. And then you have Karlsson with ~70 pts and our offense doesn't lose a step without Spezza.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
EK will be our pts leader, right before he demands a trade to a winning team.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really think Turris has 70 point potential this season, it will be his chance to prove the pick, and cement his self in the Backstrom, Kopitar, Krejci type centre tier.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
That's a fair assessment but Turris did that at 22, 23 & 24 y/o... For example, Phil Kessel wasn't really more than a 60 points player until he reached 24 y/o. Not saying that Turris will reach Kessel's level, but the point is that many players break out around 25 y/o

Ya that is a good point. Although, do you feel Turris will play with clarke and bobby? If so, I wouldn't say it's a stretch at all for him to get 60+. My assessment was that 1 of the 2, bobby or clarke, would be separated.

I really think Turris has 70 point potential this season, it will be his chance to prove the pick, and cement his self in the Backstrom, Kopitar, Krejci type centre tier.

I'd personally love this.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Going to go with an out there pick and say Chiasson has a break out season and hits 80 points.

I'm basing this on nothing, but if it happens I can arrogantly put this quote in my sig a year later and claim to be a hockey guru.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I voted Ryan, but I forgot to consider we have a 70 point D-man. Was only thinking about forwards. It's too late, but you can consider one of those Ryan votes a Karlsson vote instead.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would guess that at least half of dozen guys on this team will not reach their potential or injuries will prevent them from the listed points beow this season & some guys will have plateaued & start digressing.

Turris - 75 pts - leads team in plus/minus
Karlsson - 70 pts - worse on team in plus/minus (most assists)
Ryan - 65 pts - most goals
MacArthur - 50 pts
Legwand - 45 pts
Michalek - 45 pts
Zibanejad - 45 pts
Chiasson - 40 pts
Wiercioch - 40 pts
Stone - 35 pts - (3/4 season)
Smith - 30 pts
Cowen - 25 pts
Greening - 25 pts (potentially traded)
Hoffman - 20 pts (potentially waived, bought out or traded)
Condra - 20 pts (potentially waived, bought out or traded)
Neil - 15 pts - leads team in penalty minutes
Phillips - 15 pts
Methot - 15 pts (potentially traded)
Boroweicki - 10 pts (half season)
Gryba - 10 pts
Callups (Ceci/Grant) - 10 pts

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Top 3 leaders for the Sens next season:

Karlsson
Ryan
Turris