Karlsson leads the team with 80 points.
Zibby breaks through with 75 and becomes a legit 1st line C
Turris & Ryan both get 65

Would be amazing

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Why is Stone even a selection?
I don't forsee any of our forwards surpassing EK65 in points but definitely Ryan has the potential to lead in goals with a healthy season.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
Why is Stone even a selection?
I don't forsee any of our forwards surpassing EK65 in points but definitely Ryan has the potential to lead in goals with a healthy season.

The options could have included Michalek, Zibanejad, Legwand, and Chiasson as well.

Career best goals;
Ryan - 35 - 1.403 G/60 min
Michalek - 35 - 1.395 G/60 min
Legwand - 27 - 1.132 G/60 min
Turris - 26 - 1.016 G/60 min
MacArthur - 24 - 1.034 G/60 min
Karlsson - 20 - 0.541 G/60 min
Zibanejad - 16 - 0.972 G/60 min
Chiasson - 13 - 0.654 G/60 min
Stone - 4 - 0.873 G/60 min

Career best points;
Karlsson - 78 - 2.282 Pts/60 min
Ryan - 71 - 2.576 Pts/60 min
Michalek - 66 - 3.031 Pts/60 min
Legwand - 63 - 2.641 Pts/60 min
MacArthur - 62 - 2.653 Pts/60 min
Turris - 58 - 2.267 Pts/60 min
Chiasson - 35 - 1.760 Pts/60 min
Zibanejad - 33 - 2.004 Pts/60 min
Stone - 8 - 1.746 Pts/60 min

If Legwand is the 2C, he could get 50-60 points, same could be said of Zibanejad, especially since Zibanejad, as well as Stone and Chiasson, are all trending up as they continue to develop.

The Senators may end up with 10 players, if Wiercioch gets a lot of games and PP time, with 50 or more points, or they may only have 3 or 4 reach 50 points.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
^ Lol I misunderstood you and thought those were your predictions for next year. I was ready to rant when I seen Michalek with 35 goals and 66 points.

Yeah, I didn't want to use his 35 goal season for the list, but he isn't the only one with a one season burst. I was surprised Legwand potted 27 one year. I have always thought of him as 16-18 goal guy, same as MacArthur, but put a guy in the right situation...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yeah, I didn't want to use his 35 goal season for the list, but he isn't the only one with a one season burst. I was surprised Legwand potted 27 one year. I have always thought of him as 16-18 goal guy, same as MacArthur, but put a guy in the right situation...

"The right situation" for many of those guys could be Karlsson.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Popped in and saw this thread and thought of a question.

Who are the forwards now that will play on the two PP units?

Turris, Ryan and MacArthur are pretty obvious, but which other players will see PP time?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'm thinking its a horse race between Ryan (goals) and Karlsson (assists) all year. Turris will push as well.

As to Stone, if he gets Top 6 line mates, he'll find a groove. Everywhere he's been he has put up points. I expect him to bee in the Top 6 in scoring in any case with Zibanejad and MacArthur. Would love for Michalek to score 30 again, but I don't see it.

Canadian Guest lays it out quite well as to the balance.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Popped in and saw this thread and thought of a question.

Who are the forwards now that will play on the two PP units?

Turris, Ryan and MacArthur are pretty obvious, but which other players will see PP time?

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Zibanejad - KARLSSON

Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson/Stone

Wiercioch - KARLSSOn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One thing this shows is how much Karlsson is going to have a target on his back.

Which isn't a good thing at all considering the way the league is these days. There isn't much of a deterrent for taking out a star player.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
One thing this shows is how much Karlsson is going to have a target on his back.

Which isn't a good thing at all considering the way the league is these days. There isn't much of a deterrent for taking out a star player.

It's not like star players of each team are dropping like flies...
Otherwise Toews and Kane should've been down and out already, along with Ovechkin.

No one can guarantee the safety of a player once you're on the ice, but it's not like that the vast majority of the NHL will be targeting Karlsson and making sure he's injured.
However he will always be on the radar for a player to look out for and make sure he's well defended when he's open or has a chance with the puck.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's not like star players of each team are dropping like flies...
Otherwise Toews and Kane should've been down and out already, along with Ovechkin.

No one can guarantee the safety of a player once you're on the ice, but it's not like that the vast majority of the NHL will be targeting Karlsson and making sure he's injured.
However he will always be on the radar for a player to look out for and make sure he's well defended when he's open or has a chance with the puck.

True, but when you have one guy who is heads and tails above everyone else on the team, it makes it a little bit more tempting to target that guy. Especially when it's a little fella like Karlsson. I just hope the kid is truthful when he says his legs are 100%, cause he's going to need every ounce of mobility and speed he can muster this year to avoid the hounds.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
True, but when you have one guy who is heads and tails above everyone else on the team, it makes it a little bit more tempting to target that guy. Especially when it's a little fella like Karlsson. I just hope the kid is truthful when he says his legs are 100%, cause he's going to need every ounce of mobility and speed he can muster this year to avoid the hounds.

Its true, but I believe we have a hard working team. Turris, MacCarthur, Ryan, Hoffman, Legwand, Zibby, Greening, Smith, and even Michalek like we saw towards the end of last year are all players that can play well both ends of the ice. Stone and Chiasson still have to devellop but they are hard working guys. Last year we saw Karlsson play lots with Spezza and didn't have much support from the Offense. Also, playing with Cowen didnt help him, but he should get his things together. That being said, I think Karlsson can really benefit from having hard working guys who will support the backend. It should help him to be more composed and take weight off his shoulders. After all, two seasons ago we didn't win because of our talent. We won because of how hard we worked has a team and thats how it's going to be this year

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wonder if Karlsson can do the trifecta...goals, assists and points. It's not unfathomable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad