Line Combos: Who is your starting line up opening night?

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
What's up Boston fans I'm very excited to be watching hockey again. I have a few questions I would like to get opinions on. My line up looks like this on day 1. Who would you fill the blanks in with?

Lucic Krejci Horton
Seguin Bergeron Marchand
Kelly Peverly ?
Thorton Campbell Paille

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Boychuk
Hamilton ?

I heard Mcquaid and Caron could be hurt that's why I don't have them in the lineups. I think Knight Spooner or Bourque have a shot at the forward spot. But who ends up playing with Hamilton? Do you pair him with a veteran and move up Krug and give him a shot. Lets here your opinions.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What's up Boston fans I'm very excited to be watching hockey again. I have a few questions I would like to get opinions on. My line up looks like this on day 1. Who would you fill the blanks in with?

Lucic Krejci Horton
Seguin Bergeron Marchand
Kelly Peverly ?
Thorton Campbell Paille

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Boychuk
Hamilton ?

I heard Mcquaid and Caron could be hurt that's why I don't have them in the lineups. I think Knight Spooner or Bourque have a shot at the forward spot. But who ends up playing with Hamilton? Do you pair him with a veteran and move up Krug and give him a shot. Lets here your opinions.

Yeah Caron is out for 3-4 weeks supposedly, not that he's done anything to warrant giving him an NHL roster spot.

Bourque probably takes his place unless Knight or Spooner really do something in a shortened camp.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Looch-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Kelly-Peverley-Bourque
Paille-Campbell- Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenburg- Hamilton
Ference- McQuaid
Krug

D w/ out Quaider:

Chara- Hamilton
Seidenburg - Krug
Ference- Boychuk

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
That 3rd line wing is still a friggin gaping hole.

Buts hope with everyone on the top 2 lines a year older, they can carry the team better than the last 2 seasons where the 3rd line had to bail them out. It worked during the SCF because of Ryder but failed last season.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
That 3rd line wing is still a friggin gaping hole.

Buts hope with everyone on the top 2 lines a year older, they can carry the team better than the last 2 seasons where the 3rd line had to bail them out. It worked during the SCF because of Ryder but failed last season.
We don't even know yet if Horton will be there on top of it.

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Lucic Krejci Horton
Bourque Kelly Peverly
Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuck
Seidenberg Hamilton
Krug Ference

Rask Khudobin

Fredi28

Nov 14, 2007
Medford, MA
I havent posted in a long, long time. And with the lockout I really havent even been able to bring myself to lurk on this site. However, I am absolutely thrilled that we are getting hockey back and it is refreshing to see some legitimate talk and speculation about a Bruins lineup. :handclap:

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I know Bourque might make the lineup, i just don't see him having a long term impact.

I'd much rather see Spooner get a chance, and if he cant handle it test out Bourque.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I know Bourque might make the lineup, i just don't see him having a long term impact.

I'd much rather see Spooner get a chance, and if he cant handle it test out Bourque.

Spoons is dinged up but I do think Spooner will be up as soon as he's healthy.

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
I don't know about you guys but I like Krug and would love to see him get a shot. Chara and Hamilton could be something to watch too.

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I don't think Hamilton will get first pair D minutes with Chara. I think Seidenberg-Hamilton is a very good second pair. So in my opinion, it's either:

Chara Ference
Krug Boychuk

or

Chara Boychuk
Krug Ference

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't think Hamilton will get first pair D minutes with Chara. I think Seidenberg-Hamilton is a very good second pair. So in my opinion, it's either:

Chara Ference
Krug Boychuk

or

Chara Boychuk
Krug Ference

Chara-Krug
Ference-Boychuk

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Looch-Krejci-Horton
Noseface-Bergy-Seguin
Bourque-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-UFA/Mcquaid
Ference-Hamilton
UFA/Injured Mcqauid

Rask
Dobby

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Opening night:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Bourque - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Hamilton/Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton/Ference
Ference -McQuaid
Krug

Rask
Khudobin

I have Hamilton where he is indicating when he is out he will mainly be with 44 and 33, not that he will get too 4 minutes
I also expect a call up for Spooner at some point and outside shots for Cross and Trotman on D

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
call me crazy - but I always like the old timers who were once Bruins. I'd like to see Mikey Knuble back in Black and Gold.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I would think Aaron Johnson has a role somewhere. Maybe not as a starting top-6 defenseman, but he's probably a more likely candidate for the 7th spot than Krug.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If Krug gets in, he'll probably get sheltered minutes with Chara, kind of like Hunwick did when he was around. He'll probably finish with around 15 minutes a game, but be placed on the top pairing.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Bourque-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Camper (until Caron is healthy)

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton*
Ference-Johnson
Krug

*Until McQuaid is ready, then drop Dougie down with Ference on the 3rd. Or, maybe not if he's good. Unlikely, though, as he'll get very few minutes.

Rask
Khudobin

I'M SO EXCITED

StanleyCup2011*

Marchand Bergeron Seguin
Lucic Krejci Horton
????? Kelly Peverly
Paille Campbell Thorton

Chara Boychuk
Hamilton PK Subban (teehee)
Seidenberg Ference

Rask