Who Is Your Playoff Bandwagon Team?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd like to say Jets, but I'd likely grow nauseous at all the Myers fawning after every secondary assist. I'll be pulling for the Preds out west.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Whoever play St. Louis and NYI :laugh:

But honestly, I'll probably root for the Rangers like I did last year just because I want to be living in a city where a sports championship is won, and I think the Rangers during my 3 years in NYC are probably my best chance for now

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Anyone playing Chicago. Living in Chicago, the fans here are insufferable. Constantly giving me **** for the Sabres tanking, and then not being able to name any Blackhawk player before 2010... I don't think Bowman's moves will pan out, and will celebrate when the hawks get bounced In the first round. Vermette and Timmonen better keep Sharp away from their wives...

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Anyone playing Chicago. Living in Chicago, the fans here are insufferable. Constantly giving me **** for the Sabres tanking, and then not being able to name any Blackhawk player before 2010... I don't think Bowman's moves will pan out, and will celebrate when the hawks get bounced In the first round. Vermette and Timmonen better keep Sharp away from their wives...

... And this. I'm just downstate, so I can totally relate. Although, we get Blues fans around here too. They aren't nearly as pompous, and are actually a decent bunch to watch a game objectively with.

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
I'll pick one from each division...

Kings: with the sabres playing defense amirite? Would've been the Ducks if Teemu were still around
Wild: obv for Vanek, Pommer, Stewart plus their young guns especially Nino
Habs: Admittedly I'm a fan of their forward group, our rentals there only raises my interest
Rangers: I just really don't like Lunqvist, and jesus Hagelin is fast

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
... And this. I'm just downstate, so I can totally relate. Although, we get Blues fans around here too. They aren't nearly as pompous, and are actually a decent bunch to watch a game objectively with.

A lot of Blues fans are a bunch of hicks but they aren't ****** about their team like Hawks fans.
I go to the UC to see the Sabres play the Hawks whenever they're in town and it's amazing how many Sabre fans there are. Usually there's at least an entire section. Even this year there were almost more Sabre fans than hawks fans at the United Center.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Rooting for - East - Pittsburgh Penguins - West - Chicago Blackhawks.
Should those two teams meet in Stanley Cup Finals - Chicago Blackhawks.
(Pittsburgh - because I have relatives who live there - also was a huge Lemieux fan)
(Chicago - was a fan way before Kane first laced them up.)

I would like to see the following teams do well - thats if they make the playoffs -
Minnesota Wild (Ex-Sabres - Vanek/Pominville/Stewart/Leopold/Ballard).
Winnipeg Jets (Ex-Sabres - Stafford/Myers - WNY Native - Stempniak).
Vancouver Canucks - (Expansion buddies - who cares if they win cup before us - Ex-Sabre - Miller - WNY Native - Clendening -
never was a fan of Kassian so hes not "listed".)

Last edited:

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I've been on the Wild bandwagon all year, but now I'm keeping an eye on the Jets as well.

In the east? I was gonna say eff 'em all but then I recalled that Detroit is now an eastern team, so I'll go with them. Most important though is that it's not the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad