Speculation: who is your guy?

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Driedger/Ullmark/Kuemper

Oleksiak/Keith

Hall/Landeskog/Rakell

I think we get Driedger, Hall and Keith. Maybe a 3C as well.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Forward : 1 year deals for Tatar, Armia and Perreault

Defense : Duncan Keith

Tatar - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNh - Draisailt - Yamamoto
Perreault - Mcleod - Armia
Archibald - Khaira - Kassian

Nurse - Bear
Keith - Bouchard
Broberg/Samurokov - Larsson

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Goalie : ??? Who is playabke on the market?

Defense : Yes, Ekholm.. Or the next reliable swedish 2 way D.

Forward : A lot of them.
1 Schwartz. Need grit with winner mentality.
2 Rakell or some other comparable player, Jesper Bratt??
3 Coleman or Killorn if he was aquireable
4 If comescheap, Taylor Hall. But what would he bring that doesnt already exists on the team?

Oilers need more skilled grit-winner mentality

Gets somethibg line this

Smith
Nurse Bouchard
Ekholm Larsson
Lagesson Bear

Scwartz McDavid Rakell
Rnh Drai Killorn
Coleman MacLeod Pulj
Benson Halloway Archibald

Kassian
Shore

Out/traded
Yamamoto
Kahun
Neal
K Russell

iliketorock

May 23, 2021
I actually like that Tatar, Armia and Perreault idea. Probably all cheap deals, proven players. Only down side is 2 of those players are proven to be made of glass.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Goalie: Mrazek/Ullmark/Elvis

Defence: Hamilton and one of Murray/Oleksiak

Forward: Armia, Saad/Hall/Tatar/Granlund, Dzingel, McGinn/Sutter

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Goalie: Someone cheap who had an off year last year but has shown in the past to be a good enough starter. I fully believe that goalies are voodoo, and much of their performance goes along with how well the D in front of them play. Blowing our load on a "proven" goalie is a risk in today's League.

Defense: Oleksiak

Winger/Secondary Scorer/Dynasty Starter: Hall.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Goalie: Someone cheap who had an off year last year but has shown in the past to be a good enough starter. I fully believe that goalies are voodoo, and much of their performance goes along with how well the D in front of them play. Blowing our load on a "proven" goalie is a risk in today's League.

Defense: Oleksiak

Winger/Secondary Scorer/Dynasty Starter: Hall.

The two teams in the cup final have high end goalies drafted high.

The oilers lost to Winnipeg because their goalie was better than ours.
The oilers lost to chicago two years ago because their goalie was better than ours.

Best goalie possible should be #1 priority by a lot. All the rest of this shuffling around bottom end of roster guys means dick all.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The two teams in the cup final have high end goalies drafted high.

The oilers lost to Winnipeg because their goalie was better than ours.
The oilers lost to chicago two years ago because their goalie was better than ours.

Best goalie possible should be #1 priority by a lot. All the rest of this shuffling around bottom end of roster guys means dick all.
Are we going to be able to draft a generational type goalie somehow in free agency?

I don’t accept the narrative that goaltending lost us our series. I would peg it more on defensive mistakes, something the two cup finalists this year made very little of.

A good goalie is important of course. But go and try and predict who will be good and who won’t for the upcoming year. It’s a crap shoot. So why blow our cap load on a position that’s never a for sure bet. The only consistent elite goalie is Vasy, and he plays behind like 3 number 1D including the best D-man in the League. Price is overrated IMO, and plays behind a pretty steady D as well.

No one who is a guarantee to be good will be available anyways. So save some cap, and pick a pretty good bet while icing a great D in front of them.

Reactions: bestmyfeeling

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Id love Coleman as a 3rd line lw. And would overpay ie. 4-5 mill on a short term deal. Doubt he wants to come to ruffskedjmonton though.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Goalie : ??? Who is playabke on the market?

Defense : Yes, Ekholm.. Or the next reliable swedish 2 way D.

Forward : A lot of them.
1 Schwartz. Need grit with winner mentality.
2 Rakell or some other comparable player, Jesper Bratt??
3 Coleman or Killorn if he was aquireable
4 If comescheap, Taylor Hall. But what would he bring that doesnt already exists on the team?

Oilers need more skilled grit-winner mentality

Gets somethibg line this

Smith
Nurse Bouchard
Ekholm Larsson
Lagesson Bear

Scwartz McDavid Rakell
Rnh Drai Killorn
Coleman MacLeod Pulj
Benson Halloway Archibald

Kassian
Shore

Out/traded
Yamamoto
Kahun
Neal
K Russell
Schwartz is not gritty. He is more RNH than a gritty player. Does everything well but nothing elite.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
These are my UFA picks.

Ullmark- played great in Buffalo behind a team with horrible D

Barrie- he isn’t coming back but he was such a good fit for this teams play style

Hall- probably staying in Boston but give us a winger that can carry a line

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
G - Mrazek/Grub (former is likely cheaper)
D - resign Kulikov for cheap, get Larsson back. Really happy for Keith if we can win on salary. Don't think we need a PP guy, get Bouchard into the lineup.
F - Tarasenko/Hoffman/Goodrow (Dunno if Hoff will do a short term deal). Rakell would be great. Lande probably wants to get paid like Hoffman so I could see those being tough.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Goalie - Ullmark as I see him as having the most untapped potential, although I would be fine with giving Jonathan Bernier another shot. He's really only had that one awful year in Toronto, followed by getting stuck on bad teams. I'd love to have them both as a combo if Smith is done.

Defense - So many options. Larsson is the easy answer here to me, but if he signs elsewhere, I hope we bring back Barrie at least. Some continuity on the right side would be nice.

Forward - Debrusk. Not my first choice, but the most likely and the one who might be most affordable in trade. I'd prefer Hall, Garland or Rakell, but those are expensive parts to go after. I'd say Tatar is pretty likely as well, but I hope if we sign him, its to try to make a scoring 3rd line instead of putting him in the top six. I wouldn't mind an upgrade on our top six RW as well to push a guy down the lineup, but I don't know how Yams would do on a 3rd line and I like JP beside McDavid.

Debrusk - McDavid - Pulujarvi
Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto
Tatar - ??Ryan/Wennberg?? - Kassian/Archibald
Benson - McLeod - Archibald/Kassian

Nurse - Bear/Bouchard
Keith/Reilly?? - Larsson/Barrie??
Lagesson/Russell - Bouchard/Bear

Ullmark
Smith/Bernier

Last edited:

Ad