Speculation: who is your guy?

fudgeeo

Nov 1, 2013
simply who is your realistic guy for each position, either trade or signing. i’m not too concern on what you had to give up to get him b/c you’ll never get more than two people to agree with you. just keep it realistic. same with the salary cap. i just want to know who your top “get” is for each position. i’ll go first:

goalie: chris driedger

defence: tyson barrie

forward: rickard rakell

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
goalie: Driedger and Keumper

defence: Barrie and Reilly

forward: Taylor Hall, Schwartz, and Debrusk

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Went a little outside with the D but I feel hes in our sites
Goalie : Mrazek
Defence: Dumba
Forward: Hall

Bonus Guesses: Glendening and John hayden

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Goalie: Linus Ullmark
D: I actually do like the idea of Keith, given he’s retained
Forward: Dylan Strome. Hoping Holland is smart enough to swing him in that Keith trade. But would bet he’s included in a deal for the other Jones they want.

Strome-Mcdavid-Puljuarvi
DRY
Nurse-Larsson/Bear
Keith-Bouchard

Ullmark

is a solid start next season, also leaves likely 10M ish to add a 3C and 1-2 depth wingers

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Goalie: Linus Ullmark
Left Defense: Jamie Oleksiak
Left Wing: Taylor Hall

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Kuemper
Dumba
Rackell

but I don’t know how Kenny can catch these fish and fit them in financially unless he does a lot of other financial magic and gymnastics (Neal, Koskinen, Turris and ...).

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Goalie: Grubauer. I'm not sold on Ullmark or Driedger. Ullmark will be 28 at the end of the month and has 117 career games, never playing in more than 37 in a season. Driedger is 27 and has 38 career games. If the plan is to use Smith as a 1B, neither of these guys are a 1A and we're getting into another Koskinen situation.

Defense: Since Keith seems all but inevitable, maybe Ryan Murray for the LS and re-sign Barrie. I think Hamilton will cost way too much.

Forward: Need a sniper for Draisaitl as I'm sure RNH will be playing 1LW on Connor's line. Hall or Hoffman in free agency or Rakell via trade. Bottom 6 needs serious help. I really hope Glendenning comes in cheap to teach these guys how to win a faceoff.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad