Who is your favourite player in the draft?

Deaddevil11*

List your favourite and say why. Mine is Landeskog. He works his but off and is very good on the offense and on the defense which is important. He can pass well skate fairly well also he will be a great captain one day for a team and best of all is very good everywhere,

RandR

May 15, 2011
Never would have guessed that you're a Landeskog fan. Wonder what you'll do when Lando is gone before the Sens pick.

My favorites are JG Pageau, Brett Ritchie and Robbie Russo.

I'd love to see Pageau picked, but he is far too easily knocked off the puck by bigger players. I gotta think that's he why he is no longer ranked by Central Scouting even though he scored quite a few points as a rookie.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
Mark McNeill because i want a Clifford-McNeill-Simmonds line.

Hopefully he slides to 19th so the Oilers can draft him using the pick they received for sending The Sloth to the beaches of California.

Ty Rattie: I like his name

Gabriel Landeskog: What's not to like?

The Nuge: Future Oiler, centering Hall and Eberle? Yes please.

Duncan Siemens: The kid is going to be a solid NHLer for years.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Alexander Khokhlachev

Mostly because of following Tom Kühnhackl and really only studying prospects that would be in the vicinity of where the Penguins would be drafting. Jurco would be a distant second since he's Despres' teammate. My pre-draft prospect following has subsided considerably as the Penguins got better.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
I'd love to see Pageau picked, but he is far too easily knocked off the puck by bigger players. I gotta think that's he why he is no longer ranked by Central Scouting even though he scored quite a few points as a rookie.

There are plenty of guys who are easily knocked off the puck who are ranked in the top 60 (and one in the top 10, IMO). Size definitely hurts his case, but you'd have to think that his skill could translate.

For example though, I certainly don't think that he's any easier to knock off the puck than Khokhlachev. Pageau's skill and the way Gatineau utilizes him reminds me a lot of Joey Hishon and the way Owen Sound uses him.

There are a ton of very skilled little guys in this draft, that's for sure.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
My top 3 are ....

1) Mika Zibanejad

2) JT Miller

3) Boone Jenner

Hoping for the Coyotes to nab either Jenner or Miller and the Thrashers to get Zibanejad.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Landeskog or RNH for me, both have a lot to offer and can be center pieces for a NHL team. I also like Adam Larsson, often compared to Nick Lidstrom...I wouldn't go that far but should be a solid two-way defensemen.

I am a wings fan, so players they will actually have a shot at drafting who I like include: J.T. Miller (doubtful but would be nice), McNeill (same as Miller), Grimaldi (possibility, not that the wings need to get smaller but the new NHL does allow for smaller players to be successful), Jaskin, etc...

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Hopefully he slides to 19th so the Oilers can draft him using the pick they received for sending The Sloth to the beaches of California.

ouw3sh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad