Who is your favorite defenseman on the Canucks?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How many of these polls are we going to keep doing?

Anyways, Edler for me.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Hamhuis is one of the most underrated defensemen in the league. This play sums him up perfectly.

He picks off a pass, and under pressure from the opposing forward, executes a no-look backhanded 3-foot-high saucer outlet pass that springs Hodgson on a breakaway for the tying goal. The response? "HODGSON HODGSON HYPE HYPE HYPE". Hamhuis gets zero credit.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Hamhuis is one of the most underrated defensemen in the league. This play sums him up perfectly.

He picks off a pass, and under pressure from the opposing forward, executes a no-look backhanded 3-foot-high saucer outlet pass that springs Hodgson on a breakaway for the tying goal. The response? "HODGSON HODGSON HYPE HYPE HYPE". Hamhuis gets zero credit.

Maybe by fans of other teams. He gets his fair share of hype from Canucks fans for being everybody's favourite good ol' BC boy...and a great defenseman.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This season my vote goes to Keith "hipcheck the coaches hate away" Ballard.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Kevin Bieksa. Love his pugnacity as much as his skill, and he's scored some pretty clutch goals for us. And he's a character in the media.

I'd pick Bieksa as well if he always played like did in the 2011 playoffs. Probably would not be possible to maintain but he was such a beast.

My pick for now is Dan Hamhuis.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Edler, it's been an absolute treat watching him grow with the team.

Hamhuis is a close second though. I love players that quietly kick ass.

member 105785

Tanev because I trust him the most... and I want to be friends with him

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Edler is just way too high-event for me. He contributes to winning games, but has on occasion lost them pretty much singlehandedly and did so twice in the LA series. End to end rushes and big slappers make for fancy highlights but you need the total package and until he consistently plays reliably I can't call him a #1 defenseman in this league.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I didn't think Garrison would only have one vote. :laugh:

I guess I didn't help by voting Ballard. ;)

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Edler is the obvious choice because of the simple fact that he's our best defensman; however, I like Bieksa the most because of his personality off the ice and his toughness on the ice. I see Bieksa as the face of our defense..a real likable personality. And because of this I think Bieksa will be a mainstay in the Canucks organization for a very long time, even when he retires.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I didn't think Garrison would only have one vote. :laugh:

I guess I didn't help by voting Ballard. ;)

He's been around for less than a year, it's hard to really get to know a player in that time — especially when most of that time was spent in lockout. Ballard has had time to grow on people, so have all our other D.

Even Alberts... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad