Boston Bruins Who is your favorite all time Bruins’ coach?

Who is your favorite Bruins’ coach?

• Jim Montgomery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruce Cassidy

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Claude Julien

Votes: 48 56.5%
  • Dave Lewis

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mike Sullivan

• Robby Ftorek

• Mike Keenan

• Pat Burns

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Steve Kasper

• Brian Sutter

• Rick Bowness

• Mike Milbury

• Terry O’Reilly

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Butch Goring

• Gerry Cheevers

• Don Cherry

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Harry Sinden

• Other

• Total voters

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Voted for Grapes, Taz and Claude would be runner ups.

It was Dave Lewis who voted for himself.

As bad as he was, and he was awful, he looked like Scotty Bowman compared to Kasper

Disagree. Kasper shouldn't have been there, he was way over his head. I blame cheapskate Harry more than Kasper. Lewis came with a supposed pedigree, and he was still awful. Plus he was handed the single most menacing defenseman to ever play, and he ordered him not to fight. Just a complete idiot.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I keep wondering what Bruce Cassidy would've done with the ABSOLUTE wagon that Sweeney built for/in the playoffs in 2023? IMO the opposite of what Montgomery did. Bruce was destined to win the Cup in '23 either here or in LV.
I didn't like Bruce in the end here but I don't think he'd have ruined the playoffs the way Monty did, not by a country mile.

Reactions: KrejciWinger

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I keep wondering what Bruce Cassidy would've done with the ABSOLUTE wagon that Sweeney built for/in the playoffs in 2023? IMO the opposite of what Montgomery did. Bruce was destined to win the Cup in '23 either here or in LV.
I didn't like Bruce in the end here but I don't think he'd have ruined the playoffs the way Monty did, not by a country mile.
Right? Considering he took a lineup to the finals with Kuhlman, Backes, and a rookie Heinen in the top 9.... Whereas Monty had Hall, Zacha, Bertuzzi and yet still found a way to separate Machand and Bergeron in his last season.

Not to mention Lindholm and Orlov. People love to bash small defensemen but it's crazy we got to game 7 with Grzelcyk and Krug in the first place. Even in the next seasons it's impressive that we were a contender at all with Zboril, Lauzon, and a 40+ Chara.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Art Ross is the only Bruins coach to win multiple Stanley Cup championships. Since I’ve never seen him coach a single game for the Bs, I’m going with Claude Julien. The only Bruins coach to get the job done in my lifetime.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
farB911.gif

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Don Cherry will always be special to me as a Bruins fan ( even if he did say Canucks in game 7 ) but I had to pick Clode because he got it done and he is just a person you like to root for.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bit of revisionist history here however, no? Before the success the Bruins were having in the regular season and the acquisitions at the deadline, not many here would have described that team as an "absolute wagon". Most believed before the season started that the Bruins were going to be 3rd to lower in the division/conference. Monty's influence helped catapult that roster into a record-breaking regular season success.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Bit of revisionist history here however, no? Before the success the Bruins were having in the regular season and the acquisitions at the deadline, not many here would have described that team as an "absolute wagon". Most believed before the season started that the Bruins were going to be 3rd to lower in the division/conference. Monty's influence helped catapult that roster into a record-breaking regular season success.
So true, not to mention the impact he had on certain players on the roster. I believe he’s played a major part in Frederic developing into what he is now. Guys like Zacha, Lindholm, Debrusk, Freddy, Carlo, etc all had career years under Monty in his first season as Bruins head coach.

I think Bruce is a great coach, but IMO he inherited just a good a team in Vegas, if not better.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Claude. I always liked him as a coach & a person. I will always loathe the way Bruins dismissed him, he did not deserve to be treated that way.

Second place would be Terry O'Reilly- I became a Bruins fan during his tenure and I loved those overachieving teams of his. f*** Edmonton...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad