Who is Who on the Sabres Board (Introduce Yourself Here!)

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I still remember the joy he had on his face hoisting and skating his first Cup as captain. He just exploded around the ice (true to his nickname), back when it wasn't a media spectacle with the ice covered in carpet and cords and people in suits and it's a middle-school slow-dance with the Cup now. I know those 1970s Habs teams were stacked, but I'd put #12's four years as captain and four straight Cups (10 Cups total) as an accomplishment up there with both Richards (I only saw Henri play), Beliveau (retired before I followed hockey), and any other player (Hab or not) past/present.
You are dead on my friend, the network’s have bastardized a great tradition that our game once had! When I was a child I remember straining to watch Hockey Night In Canada on a portable TV. Nowadays even the intermission loops on broadcasts have become stale and tedious. I long for the days of Ward Cornell,Brian McFarland, Howie Meeker and Dave Hodge.Not the milk toast we’re fed today!

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You are dead on my friend, the network’s have bastardized a great tradition that our game once had! When I was a child I remember straining to watch Hockey Night In Canada on a portable TV. Nowadays even the intermission loops on broadcasts have become stale and tedious. I long for the days of Ward Cornell,Brian McFarland, Howie Meeker and Dave Hodge.Not the milk toast we’re fed today!

Milquetoast*

Unless Syracuse enjoys some weird ass foods!

Reactions: Paxon

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Sorry, bad education!

All good. I figured the correct form of the word was probably something you haven’t seen in a long time. Hell, I can’t even remember the last time I saw it, and I’m probably a few years younger than you.

Plus the correct way looks wrong. Because English is a mutt language :laugh:. I feel bad for our Russian and Polish friends when they translate, because I’m sure there’s plenty of words where their translation service just decides to go to bed.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
All good. I figured the correct form of the word was probably something you haven’t seen in a long time. Hell, I can’t even remember the last time I saw it, and I’m probably a few years younger than you.

Plus the correct way looks wrong. Because English is a mutt language :laugh:. I feel bad for our Russian and Polish friends when they translate, because I’m sure there’s plenty of words where their translation service just decides to go to bed.
Thanks my friend

Wordofmouth

May 16, 2022
Hi Everyone, Long time lurker who just joined.
I coming asking for forgiveness as I may be the reason for the Sabers woes over the past 10 years. I grew up a diehard Hartford Whaler fan. When they were stolen from us and taken to Carolina I stopped following hocky.
10 years ago we moved to the Buffalo area and I jumped on the Sabers bandwagon with both feet.
Unfortunately, I think I must of been a very bad person in a past life as once I started following the Sabers they became the Whalers incarnate ( minus the 2 good seasons we had)
Anyway, brighter times are ahead and while I don't share the history that many of you have, It will be extra sweet having lived threw the last decade of incomitance when the eventually do hoist the cup!

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Hi Everyone, Long time lurker who just joined.
I coming asking for forgiveness as I may be the reason for the Sabers woes over the past 10 years. I grew up a diehard Hartford Whaler fan. When they were stolen from us and taken to Carolina I stopped following hocky.
10 years ago we moved to the Buffalo area and I jumped on the Sabers bandwagon with both feet.
Unfortunately, I think I must of been a very bad person in a past life as once I started following the Sabers they became the Whalers incarnate ( minus the 2 good seasons we had)
Anyway, brighter times are ahead and while I don't share the history that many of you have, It will be extra sweet having lived threw the last decade of incomitance when the eventually do hoist the cup!

You get to share the blame with @sabremike

Herman Hessian

Bleed Green !
Oct 1, 2010
Brighton; UK
Only if every forum topic brings up Jason Muzzati’s mask

scary as hell - like john hurt's 'chest bursting' scene in Alien

1653090509760.png

1653090531203.png

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
And let's add Bob Goldham, Dick Irvin Jr., Red Storey, and Dick Beddoes to the list!

They really were entertaining guys back then!

(I guess my user name might tip that off....);)

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I wait with baited breath as to following the Sabres this season! I am fortunate to be able to see all their games on TV which looks to be a very exciting campaign! Alas my poor Habs will not be as impelling for it looks like a repeat of last season. Hopefully we have at least 1 30 goal scorer! In the words of the late Pocket Rocket Henri Richard “Maybe, Maybe not “.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I wait with baited breath as to following the Sabres this season! I am fortunate to be able to see all their games on TV which looks to be a very exciting campaign! Alas my poor Habs will not be as impelling for it looks like a repeat of last season. Hopefully we have at least 1 30 goal scorer! In the words of the late Pocket Rocket Henri Richard “Maybe, Maybe not “.
130 goals. You’re optimistic :)

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Hello there, I hope it's ok for me to post here. I do normally live on HFOil since it is my main team but got the Sabres as my close 2nd team now. I was lurking a lot already in this sub and over the summer saw some highlights from Jack Quinn and I just kinda fell in love with the team. Stupid sexy Jack Quinn.

Also rooting hard for Power and Levi. The team has a lot of likeable players and that's something that matters to me.

You're also one of the most passionate fanbases and I'll never forget the infamous phone call.

Name: Thomas
Current Occupation: career counselor
Sabres Fan Since: gotta be honest here, Summer 2022 *ducks*
Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): nope
All Time Favorite Sabres: Maxim Afinogenov
Current Favorite Sabres: Jack Quinn, Devon Levi, Jacob Bryson
Favorite Sabres Moment: I hope there are a lot to come but right now it's the Afinogenov 360°
Sabres Jerseys You Own: none yet but already but I planned to make my bank account sad real soon
Team You Hate Most: Leafs, Tampa Bay
Favorite Music: Punkrock, Ska, Drum and Bass, Oldschool Hip Hop
Favorite Movies: I'm a huge Star Wars fan

<3

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hello there, I hope it's ok for me to post here. I do normally live on HFOil since it is my main team but got the Sabres as my close 2nd team now. I was lurking a lot already in this sub and over the summer saw some highlights from Jack Quinn and I just kinda fell in love with the team. Stupid sexy Jack Quinn.

Also rooting hard for Power and Levi. The team has a lot of likeable players and that's something that matters to me.

You're also one of the most passionate fanbases and I'll never forget the infamous phone call.

Favorite Sabres Moment: I hope there are a lot to come but right now it's the Afinogenov 360°
Sabres Jerseys You Own: none yet but already but I planned to make my bank account sad real soon

<3

Typical bandwagon fan, jumping on board just because the team is good. :sarcasm:

Welcome!

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

<3
May the Force be with you.

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

<3

Other than ska, which I can take or leave, I like the music choices. Welcome!

Be as cynical of this team as you (possibly?) were of the Oilers during their dark period and you’ll fit in

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Other than ska, which I can take or leave, I like the music choices. Welcome!

Be as cynical of this team as you (possibly?) were of the Oilers during their dark period and you’ll fit in
Thank you :)

Had a great first game tonight. You seem like a great bunch and am looking forward to the season.

In regards to Ska. It really depends which sub genre I'm going to. There is that poppy Ska which I cannot for the life of me enjoy and there is the more edgier Ska which I like a lot more.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thank you :)

Had a great first game tonight. You seem like a great bunch and am looking forward to the season.

In regards to Ska. It really depends which sub genre I'm going to. There is that poppy Ska which I cannot for the life of me enjoy and there is the more edgier Ska which I like a lot more.

I can take the “punk” side of the poppy ska, but not the cheesy side of it. Although the weirdest is the hardcore side of ska, ala A Billion Ernies

Drops of Jupiter

Dec 8, 2022
Name: Demi

Current Occupation: Financier

Sabres Fan Since: the mid 90s

All Time Favorite Sabres: Marty Biron

Current Favorite Sabres: ALL OF THEM

Favorite Sabres Moment: watching games with my sons

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Briere, Miller, Drury, Vanek, Afinogenov, the list is long...

Favorite Musical Artists: Train

AussieScott

Jan 8, 2023
Name: Scott

Current Occupation: Physiotherapist

Sabres Fan Since: 2016

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): No

All Time Favorite Sabres: Tage Thompson

Current Favorite Sabres: Tage Thompson

Favorite Sabres Moment: Fightback in 2022

Sabres Jerseys You Own: None

Team You Hate Most: None

Personal (Pick 3)

Favorite Musical Artists: Death Metal / Thrash

Favorite Movies: Sci Fi / Fantasy Just an Aussie guy who has been slowly increasing interest in American Sport. Chose Jacksonville Jaguars in the NFL in 2011 because they weren’t going well and wanted to enjoy the journey to a decent season. Followed suit with the Sabres even though I rarely get to watch a Sabres game live down here. Extremely limited knowledge of a lot aspects of the sport so take it easy on me if I state something wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad