Who is / was the best manager in Euro 2016

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was impressed with the Czechs' & Hungarian's structure in possession. The Welsh & Italians have been very effective sitting deep & countering; as has Iceland.

Should be one of those staffs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The reason I would say Coleman is because Wales has also been effective in possession when they've had it; they haven't strictly been a sit back and counter side. There were good portions of the games against Russia, Ireland and Belgium where they saw a lot of the ball and moved it around really well.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
What about Santos? He really made them solid defensively and Nani/Ronaldo partnership is coming along.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It was between Conte and Coleman for me.

While I think that Conte is overall the better manager (based especially on his club career), Coleman did slightly better in this tournament, given the personnel at their disposal.

Conte had more options & players to choose from, even if they wouldn't have fit his tactics.

Both had a well working system and they stuck with it, but Coleman's plan B and tactical chances were just a bit better, although Italy showed against Spain that they can also play pretty well in a different way.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It was between Conte and Coleman for me.

While I think that Conte is overall the better manager (based especially on his club career), Coleman did slightly better in this tournament, given the personnel at their disposal.

Conte had more options & players to choose from, even if they wouldn't have fit his tactics.

Both had a well working system and they stuck with it, but Coleman's plan B and tactical chances were just a bit better, although Italy showed against Spain that they can also play pretty well in a different way.

I might pick Conte for going as far as he did, and as impressively as he did, with what he had. Yet I made the point in the other threads that some of the attacking troubles Italy had were caused by selection and could have been negated by some of the players he left at home (or playing Insigne more!).

Tough to pick against Wales and Iceland. I probably would go Wales after all, though.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
CnE8dq9VIAEJ9yF.jpg

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Santos had the success, Conte impressed (albeit Italy's roster may have been underrated) and the Iceland fairytale is well known, but by far the biggest surpise was Hungary. Only Albania and Northern Ireland may have had less notable players, but Hungary did not only win their group, but showed very attractive football as well. Thus Storck is the logical choice.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad