Who is the untouchable?

Maelpj*

1.Who do you think is the number 1 player on the Habs untouchable list ?

2.If you could pick 2 Habs players to start your own expansion NHL team, who would they be?

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Price and Galchenyuk. Then I would go with Subban, Pacioretty and Tinordi. Bergevin, Therrien and Timmins are also “untouchablesâ€!

In the context of the op, I did not include 30 years old Plekanec and 34 years old Markov.

PS I will be honest: because of his unique combination of attributes, I almost did put Prust’s name on the list!

pine*

1. Price

2. Price and Galchenyuk

2606134-endthread.jpg

Yeah, I went there.

pine*

Youppi and Sandrine Balthazard are also untouchables in my books (well for the latter, not directly "untouchable").

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
untouchable : Price, Galchenyuk

don't trade them unless the offer is amazing: Subban, Gorges (concidering that he'll be wearing a C someday), Plekanec

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Galchenyuk is on a different level than all other players. He's untouchable. All other are tradeable for the right price.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
1. No one is untouchable.

2. Subban is my first pick no question. A mobile right handed 23 year old dman who can play in any situation and do well is harder to find and is someone you can build a team around.

I'd not take Price because the difference between goalies in the top 20 is miniscule. Nearly every one of them is capable of knowing a vezina like season and winning it all. There aren't any dominant figures in the Brodeur, Hasek, Roy mold anymore. Price certainly hasn't shown that level of dominance in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. He has the potential, but goalie performances are so difficult to predict. Plus, Price is paid way too much. I personally think it's a waste to pay a goalie that much nowadays. Not when you can find guys like Fasth, Thomas, etc out of nowhere.

So the 2nd pick would be between Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. It's really difficult call. Pacioretty is really amazing, point per game 30-40 goals a year. He has good attitude, is signed on the cheap for 4 years. Galchenyuk has probably more potential, but sometimes potential is wasted. I find it hard to decide which. Probably Galchenyuk. But ask me tomorrow and I might say Pacioretty.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad