Who is the untouchable?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Untouchable is a very stupid word. No one is untouchable.

There are, however, players you'd have to extremely overpay to get though.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Untouchable is a very stupid word. No one is untouchable.

There are, however, players you'd have to extremely overpay to get though.

Exactly.

I'm probably one of the biggest Carey Price fans out there, but I know if Pittsburgh randomly called up and offered Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, Marc-Andre Fleury and a 1st round pick I'd have a hell of a hard time saying no. :laugh::laugh:

pine*

Exactly.

I'm probably one of the biggest Carey Price fans out there, but I know if Pittsburgh randomly called up and offered Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, Marc-Andre Fleury and a 1st round pick I'd have a hell of a hard time saying no. :laugh::laugh:

I think the proper term would be "realistically untouchable".

Maelpj*

Definitely Lars Eller.;)

I think we should give him the C right now. He is clearly the best player of the Habs. Eller was the one and only responsable the Cole Goal. I think we should trade Galchenyuk and Subban to get a Top 10 NHL foward, and put him with Eller. Would probably the best NHL duo possible. The Cup would be our.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Price, subban, paccioretty, galchenyuk and soon gallager

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Untouchables:

Price, Max-Pac, Subban, and A.Gally

Players I would never consider trading unless I am offered the world:

Plekanec, Eller, Prust, B.Gally, Gorges, Tinordi.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I think the proper term would be "realistically untouchable".

Agreed, people around here are taking the term 'untouchable' way too much literally.

Untouchable means that no team will offer (at least in the short-term) what you would want for said player.

Penguins will not offer Crosby for Subban, or Malkin for Galchenyuk.

Hence, Subban and Galchenyuk are virtually 'untouchables'.

Almost every team has untouchables.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Galchenyuk is on a different level than all other players. He's untouchable. All other are tradeable for the right price.

Disagree, Price is at or above his level and even more important to the team, at least at the moment.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I think a better title would be "Who are our core players?". Untouchable is a word reserved for the super elite of the league.

As for core players. Price, Patches, Subban, Galchenyuk and that's about it.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I think a better title would be "Who are our core players?". Untouchable is a word reserved for the super elite of the league.

Even then, I doubt the Pens would turn down an offer of:

-Galchenyuk + Pacio + Subban + 2013 1st + 2014 1st

for Crosby?

Agreed that 'core players' is a much better definition. Literally speaking, nobody is untouchable. But realistically speaking, a lot of players are.

People are just too literal around here.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Why do people feel we need to have untouchables? I beieve that no matter who it is if the right offer comes along they are all expendible. I don't care what name is on the back of the jersey you get a good deal coming our way that helps the club you make the deal.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Subban is untouchable, how many times did we hear during his saga, "we are not interested in moving him"

Maelpj*

As for core players. Price, Patches, Subban, Galchenyuk and that's about it.

Why would I start a thread asking for the core? It's simple, galch, subban, price, pacman.. Nothing to add. everybody would reply the same thing, there would be no point..

Of course nobody is intouchable. But there is always ONE player that is the less likely to be traded.

Then I asked for the 2 players you would want in your team.

If you don't like this title and can't respond to the question asked in the thread, start your own one ffs.

Maelpj*

Why do people feel we need to have untouchables? I beieve that no matter who it is if the right offer comes along they are all expendible. I don't care what name is on the back of the jersey you get a good deal coming our way that helps the club you make the deal.

Wow, thanks for opening our eyes! Couldn't you not just answer the ******* question?

Maelpj*

Disagree, Price is at or above his level and even more important to the team, at least at the moment.

Disagree, Galchenyuk will in the near futur become a much more important player in the team than Price. Price is a good goaler playing with a good team. There is a lot of good goalie in the NHL who could do his job right now, even Budaj had good game when the Habs played well (I'm not saying Budaj is better than Price so calm you teties :laugh:).

A goaler doesn't make the team, proof we were 15 last year with Price in the net. Galchenyuk is the type of player that gonna give us a chance to win everygame and can win a game by himself with his offensive skill.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Wisdom says you build from the net out.
Taking that into consideration, Price and Subban.
If i get one more pick I'd add Galchenyuk to the list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad