Speculation: Who is the NYR player you REALLY want to exceed expectations?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
K'Andre Miller becoming a genuine top 4 two-way defenseman sooner than later would be the best thing that could happen to this team.

no question Miller for me. If he and trouba can form a morrissey-trouba pair that was an elite minute eating pair for 60-70 games it changes the dynamic of the rangers D you can run

Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Smith-DeAngelo

replace Smith with Robertson when ready, even switch with lindgren.
Robertson-Fox could be a devastating 3-4 in a year or so as well

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
While he's just a prospect being developed. I'd really like to see K'Andre Miller. I've heard good things about him with NTDP and UWisconsin. I'd like to see him later this year or early next year. (Or now if he's ready). The NYR look very rich at the Defense position, from an outsiders view point. --You've already got Fox and Lindgren (who I love watching). Then you have Hajek and K'Andre. I don't know if there's space right now for him, but at some point I'd like to see him play.

Also--I saw people talking about Strome. I think because he played with Panarin, people have higher expectations. If he plays with Panarin, he'll be able to put up some numbers. Otherwise, from his NYI days--he's a very solid 3rd line character guy. He's flexible enough to play on a top line, but that's probably not the best option for NYR.

Last edited:

Rockets17

Oct 6, 2017
Laf - based on expectations if he exceeds those then he will be scoring 100 plus goals a season. By his 8th season he should eclipse Gretzky in goals scored! At that point he will be 28 and in the prime of his career. Maybe we have a 150 goal season in him?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Laf - based on expectations if he exceeds those then he will be scoring 100 plus goals a season. By his 8th season he should eclipse Gretzky in goals scored! At that point he will be 28 and in the prime of his career. Maybe we have a 150 goal season in him?
Just in time to storm Normandy!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
35 goals would be a great year for him. I feel be can do it.
Luv ya man, but that would be like a 50 goal/82 game pace.
If he scores 25, that would be pretty damned good for someone that has never seen 30. Last year he had 24 in 63. So, 25 in 56 would be even better, me thinks.
There with you though, that new contract 100% healthy manimal, he should destroy people this year. :fight:

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
How is the answer not Kakko? Lol
Because I guess its "how" my question is perceived. For example, the way I laid it out is ......that I believe there are "x" amount of players that we somewhat "expect" certain things.
Kakko growing, maturing, getting a good taste, all go towards MORE of what we are expecting of him. There is no real "right" answer here and actually I hinted at "a player you really like" and wishing that he "exceed" expectations.
Chytil came to mind for me, because he seems like a great kid and I believed that he was thrown into the fire too soon, survived and learned a bit (proof is, we still dont know how good he will be (2c or 3c) and combining all that makes me wish for this "underdog" to raise his level and "exceed" our expectations which will bode greatly with Rangers success. I think Kakko, Laf in particular are literally sure things in time......as of now, we cannot say that for Filip, can we? Surely hope though.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Shesty needs to be a stud.

if that happens, the rest will fall into place.

im hopeful he wont give up softy goals at the worse possible times (like the first shot of the game) like his predecessor was prone to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad