Who Is The Next Leafs Captain?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Personally, I wouldn't give it to Matthews (at least not as of now). Matthews plays too many uninspired games (IMO). Phenomenal player, and likely the best we've had in decades, but even when scoring, he has more than a few games where he just doesn't look engaged. Perhaps he is saving it for the playoffs, in which case I'm on board - but I don't think he has earned the C yet.

If I'm giving it to anymore its Rielly by a mile. One of the "vets" on the team, is frequently the player conversing with the refs, is on the ice all the time.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think your crazy giving it to Mathews,he has shown no leadership quailities ,the fans and media want this but I just don't see it in him,lead on the ice and he takes too many games off,points should not be the deciding factor.
Disagree. I think Matthews is a huge presence in the dressing room, especially with the young guys.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Tavares with the C, Marleau and Kadri with the A's. Tavares will not let the stress of being Captain effect his game as it might with Matthews and Reilly, they're young and can be Captains later, let them worry about their game.

Why would the stress get to Reilly? The kid has elevated his play and is vocal leader, while wearing an A. He deserves the C.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Captain Morgan
No doubt in my mind

Like the sound of that but < London Dock ;)

I personally would vote for JT however, choosing Rielly will probably be the safest bet. Not only cause he is one of the deserving 3, but it will help put down all the controversies that will come with choosing JT or AM over the other.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The safe pick is Rielly. I doubt Tavares, Matthews or Marner would have an issue with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad