Who is the most unlikeable owner?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow y'all really don't like your owners.

Meanwhile Jeff Vinik has established himself as one of the NHL's best owners by staying out of hockey ops, allowing a small market team to spend to the cap, and making major improvements to downtown Tampa.

I like the Devils owners.

Winnipegs Mark Chipman is a saint.

Jeff Vinik is the best owner in pro sports, so not him that's for sure.

As far an unlikeable, I'm not sure, but the Lightning have had plenty of idiots. I don't pay much attention to other team ownership TBH.

This is a decent list of owners I have heard good things about.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I'm a little surprised by the number of Jeremy Jacobs responses, but I'm coming from a Buffalo perspective. Jacobs is a native Buffalo, NY resident that has pledged and donated millions of dollars to local charities and universities including Roswell Park Cancer Institute and the University of Buffalo. Recently, the state-of-the-art Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Center at UB just opened.

Jacobs has provided steady ownership to the Bruins since 1975 during which they've been highly competitive and have won Cups. Most owners want state and local subsidies to build arenas, but Jacobs built TD Garden out of his own funds. There has much discussion about the Buffalo Bills needing a new downtown stadium. Jacobs has stated that he would build the stadium with Pegula when the time is warranted.

I'm not familiar with his Boston dealings, but I'm sure he has made many charitable contributions. An owner should provide the team with the resources it needs to be competitive. Jacobs has done that for Boston. Whenever he is interviewed he acknowledges that the Buffalo fans are great, but he loves his fans. Buffalo has been lucky to have an owner like Pegula. I guess we appreciate him more after the last few owners we've had (Rigas, Golisano and even the NHL itself). I guess it all comes down to your perspective.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Jerry Jones.

In the NHL I'm going Mario Lemieux, although I don't know if he is still considered the owner anymore.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's pretty easily the guy that's been in the news and many hockey headlines over the last few days.

Very special shout out to Karmanos (don't think the transaction is official in Carolina yet) and Vinnie Viola down in Florida.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Nenshi is a complete lying moron, he loves his $250m library and his 24 new soccer fields. Under his watch not one new hockey arena has been built!

He could care less for a "Canadian" game called hockey.

Did I mention he's not a big fan of Canadian/American style football either?

[mod]

Not that I agree with you on much, but I can see where you're coming from and understand your viewpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It’s early, but Jon Ledecky has been incredible so far. Arena proposal submitted within a year, and we’re finally spending money. Also an extremely personable guy. He takes the train with fans, he walks the concourses (home and away), and you can find him in local businesses and restaurants interacting with fans.

Reactions: ps241

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
A better question might be, who are some likeable owners? Katz, Molson, Melnyk all seem like dick heads. Don't follow other teams enough to judge their owners.

Ledecky is really coming across as a good guy, he is often riding on the train and talking to Islander fans before the game, if he is going to come through with this new arena which he and his partners are going to pay for themselves he is going to be seen as a saint, whether the Islander fans are going to return the favor and actually show up at this proposed arena is debatable

OccasionalPoster

Nov 18, 2017
Most certainly Katz.
Has run the worst franchise in professional sports for over a decade. I only care about performance, so this has made him extremely unlikable.
I do not know his personality and cannot verify rumours so I'll leave that out of the discussion.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
It’s early, but Jon Ledecky has been incredible so far. Arena proposal submitted within a year, and we’re finally spending money. Also an extremely personable guy. He takes the train with fans, he walks the concourses (home and away), and you can find him in local businesses and restaurants interacting with fans.

Yeah Ledecky is a real good dude and great "face" of the ownership. Very engaged with the fanbase and just a really nice dude. Rode the train with him and a bunch of isles fans and he was super cool, and took us all to dinner after the game. But Malkin is the real moneybags behind the operation, but he leaves Ledecky to do the community work.

Reactions: Eberzal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wow y'all really don't like your owners.

Meanwhile Jeff Vinik has established himself as one of the NHL's best owners by staying out of hockey ops, allowing a small market team to spend to the cap, and making major improvements to downtown Tampa.

That's how Kroenke's been for the Avs. Now his hires for the front office has been poor, but he writes checks and stays out of the way which I'm more than ok with for an owner.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Rocky Wirtz hasn't made a wrong move that I can think of since his dad died. I can't think of any Hawks fans who don't like him. Such a change from the old man

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Laughed out loud when i saw this thread. Just finished reading an article about how P. Diddler wants to buy the Carolina Panthers along with Steph Curry and Colin Crapernik.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Most of these guys are just people. As bad as they are they'll all die eventually. The Flyers are by Comcast, a corporation. It will never die

Between high bills, trash customer service, and their stance on net neutrality Comcast will always be first.

Now shut up and pay your cable bill, we still owe Bryz some money.

Reactions: Lotusflower

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I like Melnyk. He's a much better and more viable option than that other ***hole who pretends to own another hockey teams up there! :)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

How? You may hate Rogers/Bell for the way they do business but they were the first owners in a long time to fully accept a rebuild. & Tannenbaum is a good rep for the team.

As for the OP, either Jeremy "I hate the players" Jacobs, Craig Leipold or Geoff "My grandfather is turning in his grave right now" Molson.

Melnyk is just so awful that we should be naming others/the 2nd worst.

Rangers are lucky James Dolan (worst owner in the NBA) is too busy destroying the Knicks.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With the allegations that Katz offered an actress money/movie roll for sex, he's up their with Weinstein for quality of human being

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad