Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #6 prospect?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
It should be Joacim Erriksson. Schroeder should clean up, though. Eddie Lack is 25 years old, not really a prospect anymore.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That is the stupidest reasoning, especially when we have HF standards to g0 by.

If you believe this, why do "rookies" need to be under 160 games in your fantasy league?

Seem to counter oppose yourself.

My fantasy league rules are designed to allow teams to carry additional young players who otherwise may not be kept. It promotes "in-house" development, and really has nothing to do with my opinions relating to this particular poll.

arsmaster*

My fantasy league rules are designed to allow teams to carry additional young players who otherwise may not be kept. It promotes "in-house" development, and really has nothing to do with my opinions relating to this particular poll.

Maybe not, I just don't understand how a kid who hasn't established a full time role in the NHL, has only 31 games under his belt, and finished his season in the minors isn't deemed a prospect.

I'd say his NHL future is still "suspect", which to me makes him a "prospect" more than a sure thing.

31 games isn't enough. We've included both Tanev and Kassian in the past. I just don't know why on Hockey's Future, we wouldn't follow their criteria. It only makes sense.

There has to be a method to this, or else it's just stupid, and unrepresentative of the consensus.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
took Subban as a gut feeling pick here. Lack is good but goalies can't always get a chance to start and I don't think Jordan has very much of an NHL future ahead of him.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
I think it's Schroeder here, not many high ceiling prospects left, and Schroeder's floor is pretty clearly defined already.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I love Mallet please vote for alex

Mallet might be my favourite prospect, because who wouldn't love to have a scoring centre who can also beat people up? That said, he's got a long way to go, and honestly I'd just be happy if he made the league as a third or fourth liner with a bit of sandpaper to his game. A Weise upgrade, if you will. Regardless, I'll always have a soft spot for an underdog, and Mallet will get my vote sometime after Schroeder and Lack have been picked.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Went with Lack. It was Lack or Schroeder for me, with an outside shot at Ericsson. I prefer Lack's (and even Ericcson's) potential to Schroeder, but it was pretty close given Lack's injury and the fact that Ericsson hasn't played hockey in North America.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Went with JS but like i said in earlier threads, NHL bound really isn't a prospect in my books (and both Lack/JS are NHL bound. JS won't clear waivers so he'll be in the NHL next year rather its playing or watching. Lack needs to be in the NHL or he'll be a UFA (honestly he'll be a UFA anyways) plus as others pointed out, he isn't even a prospect anymore in HF's prospect FAQ (since he's 25 and has been in the AHL for 3 years).

Of course there is a clear different between Lack/JS and the rest of the prospects mostly due to the others being very very raw/long term projects (i.e. Subban), realistic are a long shot to make the NHL, or be any more than a 4th liner/depth dman (i.e. Lain).

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Went with JS but like i said in earlier threads, NHL bound really isn't a prospect in my books (and both Lack/JS are NHL bound. JS won't clear waivers so he'll be in the NHL next year rather its playing or watching. Lack needs to be in the NHL or he'll be a UFA (honestly he'll be a UFA anyways) plus as others pointed out, he isn't even a prospect anymore in HF's prospect FAQ (since he's 25 and has been in the AHL for 3 years).

Of course there is a clear different between Lack/JS and the rest of the prospects mostly due to the others being very very raw/long term projects (i.e. Subban), realistic are a long shot to make the NHL, or be any more than a 4th liner/depth dman (i.e. Lain).

I agree, looking through the list it's hard to find stand-outs outside of the top 6. The top 6 is pretty decent, and then there is a precipitous drop-off. I'm not counting Lack because he has graduated from prospect status. He should be removed so as to not skew the results.

For me, the next picks go:

Mallet
Cassels
Subban
Cannata - should be well ahead of Eriksson at this point
Lain
Hutton
Tochkin
Eriksson

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver

Mallet
Cassels
Subban
Lain
Hutton
Tochkin
Eriksson

My god... What has Eriksson done to receive a ranking below Tochkin? That is absolutely absurd and IMO, laughable.

The guy played in the CHL this past season, didn't even dominate and we aren't talking about the Canadian Hockey League.

Eriksson is was quite arguably one of the best goaltenders in the Elitserien last season, 6th in sv %, 3rd in GAA, 5 shutouts in the reg season, 3 in the post season. He helped his team win the championship this season. He is coming off a better season than when Lack came over.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
I actually quite wonder what thefeebs or tiranis's top 20 list looks like...since they both have quite a bit of knowledge for most of our prospects..i bet they can come up with pretty good ideal list...me thnks...;)

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I agree, looking through the list it's hard to find stand-outs outside of the top 6. The top 6 is pretty decent, and then there is a precipitous drop-off. I'm not counting Lack because he has graduated from prospect status. He should be removed so as to not skew the results.

Mallet
Cassels
Subban
Lain
Hutton
Tochkin
Eriksson

No Tommernes, an SEL stalwart far more successful as a pro than Tochkin? And speaking of SEL stalwarts, Eriksson should be ranked right up there near Lack.
McNally and Hutton have both had outstanding NCAA freshman seasons, but basically not much else, and so probably deserve equal ranking. And then there's Price, who I think will sign before August 15th. All of these guys are certainly ahead of Tochkin.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
took Subban as a gut feeling pick here. Lack is good but goalies can't always get a chance to start and I don't think Jordan has very much of an NHL future ahead of him.

So you picked Jordan Subban but you doubt he has an NHL future ? :(

OT but I wonder if there's a tendency for small guys to be named Jordan :sarcasm:

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
why do you think that?

Gut feeling as an optimist. Little data to back it up:

Others have pointed out that there's lots of time left, and god knows the Canucks have many important and time-pressured things to get done before signing Price.

Utica is only 32 miles / 51 K from Hamilton, Price's home for four years while playing for the Raiders. Let's hope he has a girlfriend still at Colgate. As a tri-captain you'd have to think he has lots of team and social connections there.

Price and Kellan Lain are said to be friends, and they'll be teammates at Utica.

OK that's all I've got. We'll know in less than a month now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad